Content wise which course do you consider to be the easiest and hardest (1 Viewer)

Generator

HSC
N/A
I would suggest that those who respond also note their own strengths and weaknesses....

LazyBoy

HSC
good idea. Im hopeless at maths due to not doing in years 11 and 12, so any heavy math course would be very hard for me.

LazyBoy

HSC
I wouldnt argue with there, although theres some arts subjects that are harder then other faculties, i think arts would have the easiest of courses as most people would have at least some ability in arts over say science subjects.

LazyBoy

HSC
This forum isnt really good with wording of my questions. i said which course do you think is the hardest and easiest. So thats from your perspective. Not a definitive perspective.

LazyBoy

HSC
You dont have to do a course to know that it seems extremly hard. i.e. YOU wouldnt be able to do it. For instance actuary or any really mathy course i wouldnt be able to do that. So things along those lines i would beleive to be the hardest course.

SmokedSalmon

HSC
personally, I think science courses are easier. No long essays required for most of the subjects. Although at first I might not understand the content, I always comprehend it all soon enough. Maths problems often follow a certain sequence which you can use over and over again. The only bitch I have to say is the biology subjects... have to memorise heaps of definitions!

I didn't like the history subject I did at university last semester. Too much reading involved, had to write 1500 word essay and turn up to every tutorial/lecture to ensure I got all the vital notes. I think I did far more work for that one history subject then my 4 other science subjects last term.

shannonm

HSC
N/A
absolute easiest:
Non-language arts - , inter. relations, media/comm, digital media etc
easy:
Business, environmental science, eco, biol
mid:
commerce, architecture, ind. design, psych., civil eng
hard:
chemistry, physics, maths,
hardcore:
engineering physics, elec eng, med

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I can do maths and be fairly reasonable with it if im forced to (*cough* high school) but otherwise, something like actuarial studies or engineering would mess with my brain too much and I can't stand it. Science doesnt agree with me also. either Im too ignorant to appreciate or I plainly unjustifyably can't bear the site of anything to do with it lol. I guess im sorta narrow minded as to what I want to learn. Anything I dont "like", I usually find a struggle.

Edit: Santa mentions above that social work is easy (?) and I think that the general perception would agree but if I find it boring, God knows how Ill make it through and eventually it will be bloody hard.

Last edited:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I really wouldn't know which is the easiest and which is the hardest. Sure, every course has hard subjects and easy subjects - but you tend to make them easy if you do more than the required basic work.

Personally, I find science subjects easy and I find business related subjects very hard cause I do not have any interest in them and something wrong always happens when I do any sort of work associated with business.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Law isn't hard imo... but it's hard to be GOOD at law.
I wouldn't wanna do anything with math... and from what i've read about communications (from the unit outlines) it sounds hard. But then again maybe the quality of work I think they're after and the quality of work they ARE after are completely different.

santaslayer

HSC
natstar said:
Personally from expereince with only doing a business law unit, I dont see law as being extreamly hard. Just heaps of critical thinking, and english related things like shit loads of writing
thats coz its bus law...:p

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Law isn't hard imo... but it's hard to be GOOD at law.
Yeah that's my opinion, too.

I, myself, don't think I'd be able to cope with any courses involving advanced mathematics, hardcore physics or engineering (other than software, perhaps).

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Arts and humanities subjects would be hardest in terms of being marked, due to the fact that most of them are SUBJECTIVE, whereas you can only have right and wrong answer in other faculties.

For those that think it is hard, give it a try before you do it, and HD something like Society, Culture, History or Philosophy.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
natstar said:
Arts units dont have to always be the easiest, becuase people classify arts degrees as easy. Arts units tend to involve a lot of essay writing and critical analysis, which would be hard for a student who is not so good at English related things, but units like maths and science, which generally are considered harder thn arts units, could be much easier for them.
It all depends on the individual.
Arts subjects to me, are still the easiest, even though I like Science and in a science degree. I did an arts subject before and it was EEEASY!

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
honky tonk said:
Yeah that's my opinion, too.

I, myself, don't think I'd be able to cope with any courses involving advanced mathematics, hardcore physics or engineering (other than software, perhaps).
Apparently being good at mathematics is an advantage in law as it requires a lot of reasoning and problem solving. I am more of a mathematics/science person and find law to be challenging due to the language component, I think in numbers. (the lectures/seminars/tutes are almost like English classes in high school again where everyone discusses what THEY think *yawn).

Last edited:

Lainee

HSC
Hmm... I don't think that any course is completely difficult or completely easy.

High school, I was a bit of a maths/english person but I did fine in other humanities (legal and economics) and science (chemistry). I don't think my brain prefers any subject in particular - I find the basics in all the subjects similarly easy and the complex topics in all the subjects similarly difficult. I only things I could cross out when I was working out what course to choose were health sciences (too difficult on the science front), engineering (too difficult on the mathematical front) and arts by itself (too difficult on the humanities front). :p Something like Commerce/Law offers a bit of everything for me, making it the easiest possible combination for me to choose.

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
I tend to think law is just hard, straight out. It's hard to get a grip on for any single person. So I think its the hardest course there.
(Medicine is different in that memorisation of processes/facts is more vital)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)