continuity and change question (1 Viewer)

Abbeygale

HSC
angelar said:
delphi technique is the 'think thank' one where they get 10 or so professionals to hypothesise about the porblems and the future, and then bring them all together yto share heir ideas for the future and then if they dont all have similar thoughts, then they all argue and discuss it until they reach a consensus.
No, the Delphi technique doesn't usually involve bringing them together- it's based on sending questionnaires to experts. One of the major strengths of the technique is that the experts are unable to influence each other. According to the textbook we used it is to 'obtain the most reliable consensus of opinion of a group of experts... by a series of intensive questionnaires interspersed with controlled opinion feedback'.

I don't want to be mean, and I'm no marker, but I think if you named a technique but couldn't describe it, or named a technique but didn't use it in the second part of the question, or didn't use one of the syllabus techniques for studying the future (according to the syllabus, they are; simulation games, feasibility studies, scenario writing, analysing trends and making projections into the near future (forecasting).) it would probably have serious consequences mark wise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)