Continuity and change (1 Viewer)

Dee Dee

nak_yim
HSC
anyone got stacks of notes on social and cultural continuity and change in japan or Vietnam?:apig:

it would be greatly appreciated if u could help out
thanks

Dee Dee

nak_yim
HSC
when is uncle buck arriving lol
doesnt anyone have notes on contiuity n change in japan or vietnam..or something on belief system-islam

sexiash

hey dee dee

these are just some crappy notes i made on change and continuity in vietnam durin the holidays i hope they help a bit and make more sense to you than they do to me!!! lol

CHANGE, gender roles - the elder male in the family held nearly absolute power over his families internal affairs, this power has diminished.
- women maintain traditional ways but are very independant
- the traditional role of following the custom of looking after the house is in direct contrast to the fact that the vast majority of women are now in full time positions outside of the family
- women are more equal to men
-by 1997 26.7% of the national assembly were women

CONTINUITY, gender roles - men still hold onto the idea that they are superior to women and that the womens role is to serve
- great respect is given to the older men

Change,Family - the western style nuclear family is becoming more and more common in vietnam. nuclear families account for 66% while traditional 3 generation families account for 33%
-urbanisation has lead to less reliance on extended family members and the inhability of families to rely on their community for support
-the spread of western technology has introduced a whole new concept of life.

CONTINUITY, Family - the eldest son is still a sacred concept
- much of family life in Viet Nam still revolves around the traditional values that to this day are the fibre of the vietnamese nation
-the vietnamese women are noted for their gentleness and for deferring to men
-the vietnamese family is important and close knit
-conversely when one member of the family prospers, he is expected to help his family rise with him

ECONOMIC CHANGE - Doi Moi (renovate)
- economic policies, both domestic and external have undergone profound adjustments to initiate a system through which the market mechanism will be allowed to operate more freely and efficiently

thats all i got right now sorry its a bit vague!!! but have fun

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)