Contracts + Third Party Benefit (1 Viewer)

breed obsession
A wine-soaked strobe-lit Asiatic hall of mirrors
HSC
"Assume that A contracted with B, in return for consideration provided by B, that A would confer a benefit on C. Since this third party benefit contract is valid, the question may arise what rights could arise should a breach of the contract occur.

In your answer, please consider the contractual rights and obligations (including remedies for potential breach of contract) for each of A, B and C."

Wtf. I don't even know where to start with this. Can anyone provide some pointers?

1500 words // 50% of my contracts assessment mark on a topic that we can't have spent more than five minutes on in class =(

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
47.46.45 said:
The whole book? The reason I'm getting fuxed by this question is largely because I don't really understand what topic it falls into.
'Privity'.

You haven't spent more than 5 minutes on it because they want you to research it and learn the topic yourself. Happy hunting.

amaccas

HSC
N/A
privity of contract. read the leading cases. read the journal articles... yadda yadda yadda. spend some time on it and get into it and you will get a good mark. good luck.

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
zimmerman8k said:
try reading Principals of Contracts Law, Paterson et al.
On an odd side note, one of the other guys who wrote that book, Andrew Robertson, is my contracts teacher, and privity is this week's topic.

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
If you want to read the specific case bits that'll help you, find the book that accompanies Principles of Contract Law, Contract: Cases and Materials.

HSC
Strawbaby said:
On an odd side note, one of the other guys who wrote that book, Andrew Robertson, is my contracts teacher, and privity is this week's topic.
And my Contracts lecturer is Jeannie Patterson who also wrote the book with Andrew Robertson. She's fairly down to earth for an academic, good lecturer too.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I just read something covering this exact situation about 10 minutes ago... but I have already forgotten.

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
Capricious said:
And my Contracts lecturer is Jeannie Patterson who also wrote the book with Andrew Robertson. She's fairly down to earth for an academic, good lecturer too.
How cool! Andrew is pretty good, too, but he has this strange habit - whenever you answer a question, he pauses for just too long a moment, making you think that you got it TOTALLY wrong and he's going 'wtf?' But it's just his 'thinking' pause. It always throws me off.

HSC
Haha capricious - I guess i'll probably and inadvertently see you today in Jeannie's lecture.

strawbaby - my torts lecturer is the same. He pauses after being asked a question. One time his pause was so long the class laughed. He's a jovial and enthusiastic lecturer though - the type of person who loves his job. He's also big on policy - "Is this ok? Do we have an opinion on this?"

Xytech

HSC
N/A
Strawbaby said:
lol, patersons my lecturer as well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)