• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Controversy with Prefects (1 Viewer)

funkynochi

HSC
speedofsound said:
Oh God, the principal knows even less about us than our teachers. I don't think she has a clue who half our grade is.
LOL!

I reckon its just the title that people carry as prefects/src. I mean, at the end of the day, maybe 1-2 years from now, pretty much no one would really remember you as a prefect - other than obssesive ppl.

If you like to participate in extra activities or change the school etc, go for it. but dont dwell over the fact that you didnt 'make it in' or someone else thats 'undeserving' that made it affect you. COS if ppl really respected u and you didnt make it in, thats all that matters right? Theres no point in gaining the title or wearing the badge if everyone thinks u dont deserve it.

so for the ppl who made it in - congratz.

for the ppl who didnt - think of it as an oppurtunity to look over ur flaws. if you feel that the ppl who DID make it in were undeserving, think of it this way - while they do all that 'school stuff' you could spend time to hang with friends or study more (LMAO!)

THATS that xD

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
Fucking as in consumating the boyfriend-girlfriend union.

People know because we
a. saw them in the back of their cars
b. heard them in the spare rooms at friends places
c. can pretty much guess anyways because both of them are stoked with life.
Raunchy :p

funkynochi said:
LOL!

I reckon its just the title that people carry as prefects/src. I mean, at the end of the day, maybe 1-2 years from now, pretty much no one would really remember you as a prefect - other than obssesive ppl.

If you like to participate in extra activities or change the school etc, go for it. but dont dwell over the fact that you didnt 'make it in' or someone else thats 'undeserving' that made it affect you. COS if ppl really respected u and you didnt make it in, thats all that matters right? Theres no point in gaining the title or wearing the badge if everyone thinks u dont deserve it.

so for the ppl who made it in - congratz.

for the ppl who didnt - think of it as an oppurtunity to look over ur flaws. if you feel that the ppl who DID make it in were undeserving, think of it this way - while they do all that 'school stuff' you could spend time to hang with friends or study more (LMAO!)

THATS that xD
True, I mean I got elected to the prefect body - and I don't think it's such a big deal, and I don't look down on those who didn't get it.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
the-derivative said:
Raunchy :p

True, I mean I got elected to the prefect body - and I don't think it's such a big deal, and I don't look down on those who didn't get it.
Very raunchy. Fuck, I love my year, haha.

Also, bored of sc - Congrats dude!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
bored of sc said:
*handshake* I'm not really into hugs.
lol, so how do you get elected from your school. Do people vote or what?

bored of sc

HSC
lyounamu said:
lol, so how do you get elected from your school. Do people vote or what?
We did speeches and our grade and all teachers voted based on the speeches.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
jessi90 said:
fuck prefects they are useless and impotent beings
I was a prefect this year
=o!
I was far from useless
=[

BUT
Sweet, impotent.
berbfuckingwithoutacondom.
No babies for me!

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
bored of sc said:
We did speeches and our grade and all teachers voted based on the speeches.
Also, to peoples complaints about teachers not knowing the nominated kids;

At my school, teachers can vote, but only for students they know. If they have no idea and have no bond with a candidate, they can't vote for them.

It works pretty well.

rara92

HSC
i dnt get why most peps dnt like prefects...its sad!!

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
rara92 said:
i dnt get why most peps dnt like prefects...its sad!!
The prefects don't actually do the things they say they're going to do in their speeches/pledges.

benn07

HSC
It was really stupid this year, year 12 was allowed to vote! Only teachers, yr 10 and 11 were usually allowed to vote, but their trialling some new system! And then the prefects who want school captain go on to an interview. Argh.. im really upset with some of the people who got on (even though i was one) like there were some people who really deserved to be on there, and because these people had siblings in other years they got more votes than they should! Oh well, best not to get cut up over it.

chaldoking

HSC
Trust me those people will benefit next year over the people that did get it. Our school had a similar problem with the whole process - but cest-la-vie as the French would say :) Better not getting it in the long run.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)