Conversation Resources: Beginners (1 Viewer)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
The files below contain pratice conversation questions for Beginners, most of them contain some of my answers which you can use for ideas, I am not sure how correct they are but enjoy and good luck :D Any questions PM me or post here and I'd be glad to help.

petitepuce

HSC
Hey, I was wondering if anyone has a list of the type of questions that would be in the beginners speaking exam? Like questions under all the different areas? Grazie

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Bah there's a problem with the file, I'll see what I can do..

I used to have all that but I threw it out in post-HSC joy. There should be some on the BOARDof Studies site

eyetalian

HSC
N/A
Hey

I just wanted to clarify something. Before you go and complete the actaul speaking exam are you given the 5 or 6 items/situations 15 minutes prior to the examination in order for you to practice. Or are you in the room and then they ask you a question.

Also with each item is it better to do each instruction as it says or say a long paragraphy containing all answers within it.

E.g

- State your name
- where do you live

Should I do each one seperately or a response about me including the necessary components of my name and where I live.

Thanks Aaron

eyetalian

HSC
N/A
I am refering to the questions

You walk into a gelateria
- say hi to the owner
- introduce your friend
- say you want tw choc ice creams

NOT THE QUESTIONS

Like Do you play tennis on Saturday?

I am doing French Beginners where there are only Items no conversation questions do you think the 15 mins would apply to French also.

Aaron

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
well I prepared them in setences rather than parragraphs trying to expand a little bit to maximise marks, I dont know though exactly how well I did in the speaking exam, they only give you a HSC mark.

For French I am not sure because I did continuers but i'm sure if you ask in the French forum someone will be able to help you. :) Hope that helps

eyetalian

HSC
N/A
Hey with your italian conversation answers,

did you memorize them, because wouldnt you have found it difficult to memorize all the idioms and parapraphs word for word

eyetalian

Yeila

HSC
hey,

If you know your conversation topics and how to answer them, you should be fine . If you are studying the language surely you dont need to memorise phrases, you should be able to form sentences based on your knowledge.

p.s remembering some useful phrases are good, but don't over do it :D

Last edited:

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Yeila said:
hey,

If you know your conversation topics and how to answer them, you should be fine . If you are studying the language surely you dont need to memorise phrases, you should be able to form sentences based on your knowledge.

p.s remembering some useful phrases are good, but don't over do it :D
Yeah I didn't memorise all just useful phrases or things that gave me difficulty

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)