converting VHS to DVD, DV or onto computer (1 Viewer)

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
hey there,
I know that there has probably been a thread done about this before but Im in a hurry so I havet had tome to do a search. I would be SOOOOO reatful if anyone can tell me how I can convert something I filmed a while ago on VHS to my computer or to DVD.. even if I hav to buy somthing. Can somsone please help me its for part of my assignment due Monday.

I have firewire stuff and usb stuff and lots of coloured cables and my TV.. so Ihave th eequipment.. where do I start?

Thankyou

sunny

meh.
HSC
You might save alot of time actually doing the search.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
tv tuner card.

Spoz

1) Go to Dick smith electronics.

Buy a DVD recorder that records from VHS to DVD, but not a DSE one (they suck)
Buy some recordable DVDs

2) Follow the instructions to record it

3) Repackage the DVD recorder with everything, exactly as it was when you bought it, and tape the receipt to the side

4) Return it within 14 days. If they ask why say you were comparing it to another DVD recorder or something and you decided on a different one. Tell them the guy who sold you the recorder told you you could bring it back if you didnt like it.

I work at DSE and this is company policy. If you return it to the same store, ask the guy who sold it to you if you can bring it back if you dont like it.

Expect to pay $500 for the thing today, but you'll get that refunded tomorrow wont you ;)

aaarnold

HSC
hey,

i have a much easier way of doing it but it depends on whether you have a video camera.

If you do, and it supports AV Inputs to DV Out, then simply connect the VCR to the video camera and then the video camera to the computer using the Firewire DV Cable.

It's that simple!

Check your camera's manual to see if it lets you go AV In to DV Out

Callistogenic

HSC
adamarnoldaa said:
If you do, and it supports AV Inputs to DV Out, then simply connect the VCR to the video camera and then the video camera to the computer using the Firewire DV Cable.
This will work. Just make sure that you remove all notions of attempting to capture in one go. What I mean is:

Capture from VHS to DV, then from DV to computer first. Don't use the camera as a conduit, otherwise it won't work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)