cmore

:)
That exam was so straightforward!
It was basically last years exam!
i screwed up the thing about source d but otherwise it was cool
how did u guys go and how much did ya write
i wrote 5 for germany, 6 for speer, 7 for cold war

banx006

i got small writing so i always right less, but 5 for germany, 5 for riefenstahl, and only 5 for arab-israel (well 6 if you count the half answer tot he other question) but the exam wasnt too bad at all. i liked it, for an exam :)

schwang_thang

i on the other hand completely hated it!

4 1 thing, i screwed up my sources (answered 2 the wrong source) :mad1:

2ndly, the germany qstn didn't have nething on Weimar...i bloody love Weimar!!! the riefenstahl qstn was ok tho...

n the cold war...wat the hell was up w/ asking abt a crisis when they asked that last yr?! that was crap! :chainsaw:

Fire_and_Ice

I thought the exam was pretty okay

WW1 was easy as......sources were pretty crap though!
Germany was good too. Speer--- eahhhhhhh we didnt do anything on him at all in class, so I had to rely on my own research without explanation so I have no idea
Arab-Israeli was crap- we spent 4 weeks on the whole thing in class cause the teacher was lazy, so again it was my own knowledge, but I think I did ok

Pages
Germany- 6 1/2
Speer- 5
Arab Israeli- 6

Zenithliza

I was really pissed about the Cold War crisis question. It asked only for developments and that really limited what you could write, like talking about events or consequences wasn't relevant and that annoyed me alot.

lizzies85

i thought it was absolutelt brilliant!!!
Russia was pretty staright forward... wrote 6 pages
Kollontai question was way easy... wrote 7 or 8
and the UN questions were both basically the same!!!...wrote 10 pages!!!which is absolutely amazing!!!

mjor

yeah i thought it was pretty good...
WW1 was nice, indochina was pretty sweet, speer was no probs... i think i screwed up the germany one tho, prolly should've answered the other question
i'm so glad to get the essay-writing ones out of the way tho.. now onto some real subjects :eek:

flosh's gurl

i'm not really sure how i went. it was easier than i was really expecting. but who knows. i'm not going to jinx myself.
germany: 8pages.
speer: 8 pages
cold war: 6 1/2
i didn't write enough about the cold war but thats okay. too late now and i never have to do history again in my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lazy

Old Bastard
HSC
What are you all on about? History's an awesome subject, its actually interesting unlike some i could name *cough* english *cough* I still cant get over how easy that exam was :)

The only part that had me on the ropes was WW1 source c & d, they were harder then the trial questions we got, but the rest of the exam was pretty straightforward for once, no bullshit questions that no ones ever seen before.

Russia = 8 pages
Trotsky = 8 pages
Cold war = 8 pages
:p :p

Kat

I thought overall it was pretty good.
Germany was probably my worst... bit too much waffle - 8 pages
Speer i was pretty happy with - 7 pages 1st essay 5 pages 2nd essay
and Indochina was the best question - 14 pages.

jenster

well i thought the usa questions were SHITHOUSE. hoover was ok but the others were buggered

ww1 was yeah straightforward. gay picture though.

arab israeli was tops.

dissonance

Yeah, the Germany questions seemed a little left field to me anyways ----- where did those all important concepts go????

I think my answer became a little bit too much of a narration...hmmm, I guess it was an 'explain' question, but still...

Germany - 5 pages
Riefenstahl - 5 pages
Indochina - 8 pages

tweakin

Yeah now where is that wanker who doubted my gurantee that weimar wouldnt be on it!! HAHAHAHAHA i told you i would be laughing at your sorry ass!!!!!!
i found the sources a little tougher than they normally are.....the 3 reasons why that dude enlisted?? i only found 2 and bullshitted the 3rd...same with the one about the 4 reasons for getting paid or watever.....what did you all put for them?
Germany...i did the jewish one...pretty much the same question as last years.... did 5 pages...
speer was not too bad...second question was a bit limited
indo china i did the strategies one....8 pages.

Majik Edz

For the payment question i said a shilling for enl;isting, shilling and 9 pence for rations, and a shiling to the sargeant.
The other question i was the same so, i had an educated guess at what the answers were. They werent clearly defined, but the source was small, so they should be ok. For the Germany question i chose the Jew one, and for indochina i chose the tactics of soldiers, cause i read "Auschwitz" and "One Crowded Hour", out of interest more than anything, and both of those books covered those two questions extensively. :) For the second speer question i found it hard to get any form in my writing, and i couldnt make events follow on without it being a replica of the first question.

Out of curiosity, what events in Albert Speers life did people talk about?
i said

1 seen hitler
2 joined nazi party
3set up mayday rally
4 elected architect of reich
5 built gaus house (whatever the fuck it is, i couldnt remember gauliteer or some bolox)
6 build nuremberg grounds
7 build chancellory
8 Asked to build Germania
9 Minister of Armaments
10 objected to scorched earth

I suck at dates and so i wasnt sure what was and wasnt inside the time frame, esp the Nuremberg trials.

Anyone know what the likely right answer was?

SaveFerris

I loved that paper (well, as much as you can with an exam, it's all relative I guess)! Last night I freaked out about it, worried that the questions would be narrow and obscure and they turned out to be wonderfully broad!

WW1: Found the sources okay but spent ages looking at the photo going "What the...?" I think I ended up writing something about it being useful because it showed women in the workforce or some other BS...

Germany: The question about the Jewish community was an "explain" so therefore nice and simple...wrote about 6 and 1/2 pages...

Riefenstahl: Didn't mind these questions, although was a bit thrown by the quote...again wrote about 6 and 1/2 pages

Indochina: Did the anti-communism option but sort of ran out of time and couldn't be as detailed as I wanted...I think I wrote just under 7 pages

IT'S OVER!!!

SkAnDi

HSC
I wish i could say that i aced it.

I wish i could say that i did really well.

I wish i could say that i had no regrets for it.

I wish i could say that i did decent in it.

But, well, i can't :(

Raider

the exam, i thought overall was pretty easy, but the questions were pretty specifi, cept for WW1 of course, so i feel like a wasted time studying all the stuff that wasnt there, lol

how i went in the exam hinges on my A/I question, if i go good in that i think i went well =)

the sources were alot harder then they usally were, because each one was specific and the marks were blocked, its usllay easier to get 10 one marks questions right, then a 3 a 3 and a 4 : /

for the eventsi response to majic,
i wrote about him joining the nazi party,
then his building work, numemberg, that field, and various other jobs, menial tasks
met hitler
building of permanent site for numemberg trials
then the reconstuction of berlin
then minister for arms
took part of goerings job with the economy
became minister for the recontruction of berlin after it was bombed

thats it =)

pages
ww1- 2 pages each, but i really would of liked 3, had so much to write, and i had to cram it all around the "End of Question 3" bit
lol
germany- 8
albert speer- 4 each
A/I- 8 pages

HSC
I was pretty pleased with the questions, I answered them well, especially Germany and Speer.

How much I wrote:
Germany (Jews): 7
Speer: 7
Cold War (Korean War): 7

I fucked up a bit in the source based, I thought it asked for 3 instead of 4 payments for some reason.... and source C I couldn't work out that it was about the changing role of women >_<

Other than that it wasn't oo bad....

Too bad I had IPT straight after it, and my arm was sore from 6 hours of writing...... and too bad I fucked it up :chainsaw:

trishka

i thought the exam was really fair for students!!..
i liked WW1 - changing attitudes and expectations..:D
i wrote 3 pages for both question 3& 4

germany was good, i did part a ...up until 1933, and i wrote 6 1/2 pages

leni reifentstal, i really like the question...and i wrote 6 pages

indochina i did part b, stategies and tactics and wrote 13 pages...so i was happy with that!!!!

but all together i thought the exam was good!

Halba

My opinion

Cold war was f***ed the non-crisis question was hopeless and not what we've studied AT ALL throughout the entire year. Cold War culture??? anyone ??

But the only alternate, the CRISIS question is something i did no preparation for. But I got through that ok, but it was pretty damn narrow!! Kept saying "American Fear" over and over again, i spose thats allright but. It was relevant to the crisis i did, i did The Korean WAr and wrote 10 pages (could've written more, i only did it in about 45-50mins)

The other sections were fine. WW1 seemed easy enuff. Sources i just bluffed my way through. i think everyone does.

Russia Soviet union easy stuff. Broader than Cold War. Trotsky easy too.

MODERN RULEZ!!!

i will miss it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)