Coop Interview (1 Viewer)

super11

HSC
Hi, can anyone give my any ideas about the interview for the coop scholarship? Like what questions they ask? and any other general ideas about the interview. Thanks!

ismeta

HSC
For me, they generally asked questions similar to what was on the co op application. (congrats on getting an interview, by the way!) For example, "why are you interested in computer science?" or "give us an example of a leadership role you've had". My answers were similar to that on the application, but a bit more in detail. There's usually one sponsor and one staff member from the faculty you're applying for (for engineering, at least. :p)

They allocate half an hour for the interview, however, it doesn't take that long. I don't quite remember other details, though, sorry - I hope I helped.

super11

HSC
Thanks Ismeta! Do you have any tips for the interview?

ismeta

HSC
Mmm. Even if you're not confident, act confident. :p It works wonders in the way you appear to them. And don't forget to make eye contact - not necessarily I'm-going-to-kill-you eye contact, but just so that you're not looking down and stuff. Your voice doesn't across so well when that happens, and also reduces the impact your words has. Smiling a bit helps, too, just generally being enthusiastic about what you're considering going into (but not too much, or it's overwhelming.)

Make sure you know what you wrote in your application for co op - that'll almost always come up. (which co op are you going for, by the way?)

super11

HSC
I'm applying for marketing, there was a vacancy for first year students so i applied. Do you now how many interviews they usually conduct? Thanks for the tips! Really appreciate them!

ismeta

HSC
I'm applying for marketing, there was a vacancy for first year students so i applied. Do you now how many interviews they usually conduct? Thanks for the tips! Really appreciate them!
Ah okay. No idea how many interviews are conducted, sorry - there are statistics for high school leavers but not for those already in uni. No problem, good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)