• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

coping with hsc stress (1 Viewer)

gilmoregirls13

HSC
after winding down from trials, getting back into studying and realising that graduation is so close, the 'hsc stress' has hit me really hard. i have done good in internals and am proud of myself (i'm in the top 2 for all my subjects and getting 80s and 90s), but i always doubt myself a lot. even though my friends, teachers and family are really supportive of me i still feel like i'm just going to bomb the hsc or not get the atar that i need. i feel really overwhelmed and keep thinking will not be able to improve in certain subjects or memorise everything for my content heavy subjects in time since the hsc is next month. i know everyone is feeling this way and its so cheesy but are there any ways you guys can calm yourselves down? i'm so stressed 😭 😭

spiderfan44

HSC
-its seems a bit counter intuitive but you need to take a break after you study and do stuff you like. do something you actually like for at least an hour every day.

-identify what you actually need to do in the next month, if you break it down it becomes more of a tangible thing you can handle and actually see yourself progressing in rather than being an abstract idea of 'I NEED TO WORK'. eg; do english practise papers every monday and friday, rewrite english essay for mod c, write a summary of module 7 for earth on one a4 sheet.

-try get more sleep, the difference between 7 and 8 hours for me has a really big difference on stress.

-be realistic about your atar.

-look at backup plans. even if you know you dont need a backup plan, it can help a bit to have it in the back of your mind when youre losing it a bit. look into the different alternative entry pathways for uni w/o an atar

-actually celebrate when you do well. if you did well on your trials take yourself out to dinner or some shit.

gilmoregirls13

HSC
-its seems a bit counter intuitive but you need to take a break after you study and do stuff you like. do something you actually like for at least an hour every day.

-identify what you actually need to do in the next month, if you break it down it becomes more of a tangible thing you can handle and actually see yourself progressing in rather than being an abstract idea of 'I NEED TO WORK'. eg; do english practise papers every monday and friday, rewrite english essay for mod c, write a summary of module 7 for earth on one a4 sheet.

-try get more sleep, the difference between 7 and 8 hours for me has a really big difference on stress.

-be realistic about your atar.

-look at backup plans. even if you know you dont need a backup plan, it can help a bit to have it in the back of your mind when youre losing it a bit. look into the different alternative entry pathways for uni w/o an atar

-actually celebrate when you do well. if you did well on your trials take yourself out to dinner or some shit.
yess i like the idea of breaking up everything into smaller goals, since i tend to overthink and just see everything as one big thing 😭 thank you and i wish you the best of luck with the hsc!

wildwestworm

HSC
Honestly I just tell myself it'll be over soon and I've made it this far I may as well keep going 😭 as spiderfan44 said definitely have breaks and reward yourself. It's best not to focus on the HSC all the time (as hard as that may be) still put time into your hobbies and interests. Really wish I had more to say but try to be more confident in your future self, I'm sure she'll make you proud. Good luck :D

gilmoregirls13

HSC
Honestly I just tell myself it'll be over soon and I've made it this far I may as well keep going 😭 as spiderfan44 said definitely have breaks and reward yourself. It's best not to focus on the HSC all the time (as hard as that may be) still put time into your hobbies and interests. Really wish I had more to say but try to be more confident in your future self, I'm sure she'll make you proud. Good luck :D
it's so true we are sooo close to finishing! thank you so much, you too! you got this!! :)

HSC
Same!! Itll be over soon, that's all that matters :)

Cathode_RT

I'm so done with trimesters bruh
HSC
Just relax really. Remember that Trials is generally harder than the HSC, so in some sense, the hard part is already behind you. Keep to a consistent number of past HSC papers a day (school days ~ 2, post-grad ~ 3-4) and focus more on your mistakes than your score. At this point, ironing out the kinks in your knowledge is the priority - since you want to be prepared for everything and anything the HSC can ask you.

It'll all be over soon, you've just got over 1.5 months or less at this point, and then you're free for a full 3 months. Frankly in hindsight, you'll be wondering what you were panicking over at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)