• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Cops (2 Viewers)

Jiga

You couldn't have been done for speed because there's no proof (unless he actually overtakes you then that counts as evidence).
Wouldnt the cops not being able to catch up doing 100km/h be enough evidence!?!? Lol Dumbest thing I have ever done is answer my phone when I was behind a cop car... it was dark so I didnt really notice it was a cop until I was prity close!

Finally bald front tyres IMO he should have done you for that. Bald tyres are dangerous and you shouldn't drive on them especially bald front tyres.
Yeah Ive got tyres that are prity bald, still some tread..... and they are dangerous, especially in the wet!!!!

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
yeah my car was fucked in the wet,
give it any acceleration in a corner or roundabout an it sends me straight..real bad understeer

the only good thing about my peice of shit car is the handbrake, it holds real well so when it is when, i can do mad 180's an slides.

but yeah no more dumb stuff for a while at least

mitch_f1

HSC
The cops are screwed up. One of my cousins was driving my grandfather's BMW 5-series on the highway down at the 'gong, and it was very late at night, and a commodore pulled up behind him and was tail gating him. He didn't want to pull over, because there was two burley blokes in the front seats. So he sped up a bit, and the commodore kept tailgating. Sped up a bit more, and then the red and blue lights came on on the commodore. He got pulled over, lost his license n' stuff like that.

They are wroughted, and biased. They see a p-plater and it's like a p-plater-seeking-missile they just go straight for us...it blows, but it's the way it is.....we just have to accept it, and control yourself.

Optophobia

HSC
Police are known to tailgate P platers to get them to speed up (but if they do, then it's their fault for breaking the law!), but i don't think it would have been enough for him to lose his licence..? Assuming he's a P1 driver, he has 4 points.

To lose that many points, he would have to have been way over the speed limit which means he deserved to lose it.

I don't think it's a case of they are p-plater seeking missiles, as P-platers are generally 'agro' drivers, because unless they have responsible parents (which alot of them don't) they don't haev that mindset that is needed to drive safely. They twist and turn and ram and swerve when it's not needed, which makes anyone observing realise that they aren't good. I'm on P2 and i've never had an encouter with the police, because i understand the physics behind cars. I see some P-platers who just swerve without indicating, overtake when its not needed etc.. its just little things that make you think that they don't know how to drive.

Jiga

The cops are screwed up. One of my cousins was driving my grandfather's BMW 5-series on the highway down at the 'gong, and it was very late at night, and a commodore pulled up behind him and was tail gating him. He didn't want to pull over, because there was two burley blokes in the front seats. So he sped up a bit, and the commodore kept tailgating. Sped up a bit more, and then the red and blue lights came on on the commodore. He got pulled over, lost his license n' stuff like that.

They are wroughted, and biased. They see a p-plater and it's like a p-plater-seeking-missile they just go straight for us...it blows, but it's the way it is.....we just have to accept it, and control yourself.
There are both good and bad cops. In that case though, I think your cousins were in the wrong.... why you would speed up if you feel threatened I have no idea? Your in a car, they cant do anything at any speed. Personally when someone tailgates me I do the opposite and slow down and wash my windscreen so they get the water on theirs. I think your story is more like they were speeding before hand, cops come and follow to see how long they speed for, and then they get done :uhhuh:

As for P-platers, although I did think that intially, I dont now. Ive heard to many accurate stories of decent cops letting p-platers off to think this. And on two occasions now Ive driven passed an RBT with no other cars near me, so they could have gone for me, but they didnt.... if they were truly out to get p-platers they would have pulled me over and then defected my vehicle (they can always find something).

I see some P-platers who just swerve without indicating, overtake when its not needed etc.. its just little things that make you think that they don't know how to drive.
Yes but in the same sentence you can also say that many other full license holders do the same things if not worse because their is a perception they are better drivers.... or you could highlight how alot of older drivers are far more dangerous then the majority of p-platers etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

pottsy44

HSC
Optophobia said:
Police are known to tailgate P platers to get them to speed up (but if they do, then it's their fault for breaking the law!), but i don't think it would have been enough for him to lose his licence..? Assuming he's a P1 driver, he has 4 points.
my mate got tail gated serverly by a marked cop car so he moved to the left lane when it was two lanes but the cop stayed behind him. then it went to one lane and he was still on his ass, so he sped up. and well he sped upto 160km/h in a 80 zone before the cop decided to pull him over. and the cop guy goes why were u going 160 and he just replied u were bloody tail gating me mate, what did you want me to do? and the cop just gave him a lecture and let him go... wierd lol.

pottsy44

HSC
Optophobia said:
He went up to 160 KM/H in an 80 KM/H zone with a cop on his tail? :confused:
I think someones pulling your leg lol.
yea probably not 160km/h, but he would of definately of been doing 130km/h+ bc the night he told me was the night it happened and the other 2 guys in the car said it was. so i had no reason to believe he was lying lol.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Optophobia said:
Tail gating is an offence punishable immediately by me decreasing my speed to < 30 KM/h and not allowing them to over take :)
Haha! I do the windscreen-wiping thing, and put the cruise control on the speedlimit so they can tailgate me as much as they fucking like, and I will not speed up.

Generally, tailgaters want you to speed up (even if you're already going the speed limit), so don't give them what they want. Sit on the speed limit and let them tailgate you, if anything happens it's their fault.

CieL

HSC
bowman said:
so i sped up to over take him, then he would speed up, i slow down to get behind him, he slows down.
BWAHAH he prolly thought that you wanted to G him up!

RNN-A-MUK

HSC
nah man u wont get fucked on unless he was highway patrol... thats wat a coppa sed to me oh u made enuf offences to make u lose ur license for two years afta i tried gettin away from him hahaha... but hes a blow ass coz he cudnt tell me how much i was doing

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
^^ yeah thats what i thought

but so far i havent got a phone call or a letter in the mail. so i think im off the hook
an i havent been doin so much stupid shit. an having new tires is heaps better than my old pieces of shit

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
A hwy ptrol went past me with his radar and i was going 20 over, 70 in a 50 zone, i pulled over before he even turned around, which he thanked me for when i got out of the car, he just checked my licence, stated that i was doing 20 over and that it was unacceptable, asked me if there was anything wrong with my car, wished me a good day then drove away. I was quite releived.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)