Copy centre (1 Viewer)

Bob.

HSC
Hey for the class readings we get from the copy centre, do we have to pay for them or do we get them for free? just hoping they're free cos i just forked out $680 for textbooks!

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Bob. said:
Hey for the class readings we get from the copy centre, do we have to pay for them or do we get them for free? just hoping they're free cos i just forked out
$680 for textbooks!
holy shit

you have to pay for readings

Last edited:

tennille

HSC
You can order them online, and get them delivered to your house. There is an option down the bottom which allows you to choose the delivery method.

Bob.

HSC
yeah as soon as i asked the question, i thought to myself why not just google it. would have saved me time. also, nxt to some of my subjects, it says summer school, should i just ignore this? one more thing, if my subject isnt listed, does that mean there are no readings for it? this is the case for PSYC1001 and SCLG1001, just incase that helps.
thanks again

Last edited:

tennille

HSC
Bob. said:
yeah as soon as i asked the question, i thought to myself why not just google it. would have saved me time. jsut one other thing, nxt to some of my subjects, it says summer school, should i just ignore this?
I'm not sure. The summer school bit means it's sepcifically for those subjects run during summer school, but I'm not sure if this would be any different to the course in semester 1.

Libbster

HSC
wow $680 !!!!!!!!!!!!!! did u get all ur books brand new or something?

next time go 2nd hand, www.textbookexchange.com.au i got three of my books (in perfect condition) for $155 instead of $300. Eg one law book was $143 from the co-op and i got it for $70!

Bob.

HSC
yeh they are all new, lucky me my parents just went and got them. yeah thats like me tennile, id like to just get my readings so i have abit of an idea what ill be doing before i do it, anyway ill keep checking the copy centre website to se if they update. thanks for the help everyone

thenothing

no member
HSC
When do we need our textbooks by?

Does anyone know the textbook for Chemistry 1A/B?

tennille

HSC
thenothing said:
When do we need our textbooks by?

Does anyone know the textbook for Chemistry 1A/B?
Most of the textbooks for science are recommended. They won't force you to get one unless there are assignments based on the questions in the book (eg. Physics).

thenothing

no member
HSC
I'm going to get all the ones I need, just wanted to know when I'd need them by. I only know my textbook for one subject, so I guess I'll have to wait until lectures start to find out what I need.

zeek

HSC
thenothing said:
I'm going to get all the ones I need, just wanted to know when I'd need them by. I only know my textbook for one subject, so I guess I'll have to wait until lectures start to find out what I need.
You can go to the co-op bookshop website and find your text list for your subjects. If you're doing first year bio & chem, they have a special pack where you can get both books for 185.

gerhard

HSC
ive only bought one text book in 2 years.
and even that was a waste of 80 dollars.

i cant imagine spending 680 dollars

Collin

HSC
N/A
Bob. said:
Hey for the class readings we get from the copy centre, do we have to pay for them or do we get them for free? just hoping they're free cos i just forked out $680 for textbooks!
Not free, but atleast be thankful you no longer have to fork out another $500+ for Union, SRC etcetera fees.

$680? Is that for one semester's worth of textbooks? Co-Op discount, no?

thenothing

no member
HSC
zeek said:
You can go to the co-op bookshop website and find your text list for your subjects. If you're doing first year bio & chem, they have a special pack where you can get both books for 185.
Yeah, I've arranged to get my bio book through textbook exchange. Now I'm worried it's not the right one though, it's Knox and 3rd edition, which is what I was told to get, but I thought the book was just called 'Biology' and not 'Biology: an Australian Focus'. Anyone know if this is the right textbook?

zeek

HSC
no, thats the right one. I bought the new one from co-op and its got the same title

thenothing

no member
HSC
Thanks heaps *phew* what a relief :) It comes with the CD.. hopefully I can use the online resources but I guess I'll find out.

That co-op site looks good, but there's three chem text books :/

zeek

HSC
ya, i called up and asked the doc and he goes to only get the first one coz thats the best one "Chemisty: THe Molecular Nature of Matter and Change, Silberberg"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)