copycat thread - $30,000 - what car would u buy (1 Viewer)

SlipStream

HSC
Depends on what mood I'm in, but at the moment:

EJ20T Brumby. Full cosmetic upgrade and performance, too. :D

*drools*

OR, I'd be aiming for a "hot hatch" like a Renault ClioSport or something. Something newish. A WRX perhaps, but I'd need another job to pay for the insurance.

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
Really? you'd soup up a brumby? i would have thought for 30g you'd go something with a little more, class, or attitude than a brumby. I'm not saying there shit, because there mad, quick fkn things when there modded too. but meh, wateva.

SlipStream

HSC
My first car was an EA81 Subaru 1800. Loved the thing to bits. Awesome car with bucketloads of character. Since that I've loved the older Subis.

Something about a EJ20T Brumby rocket that interests me deeply. I like unique cars - I'd rather the Brumby that is guaranteed to be unique the world over than say a WRX where there's heaps of around. But saying that, the EJ20T Brumby idea isn't a new one.

It'd definately have to be a turbo car, but. $30k... hmmm maybe even an HR31 GTS-R modified to the shithouse? The RB20s go hard under a lot of boost. But perhaps even an R32 GT-R? You could get a perfect example for $30k. OR even a Z32 300ZX Twin Turbo???

So many options!!

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
you have a point about being one in the crowd - but i'd say its more what you can do to make an otherwise boring car something special.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
how about XB coupe.....mmmmmm, or Valiant (just read mark arblaster in SM) ;) :uhhuh: :eek: :rolleyes: :cool: :)

SlipStream

HSC
w1ck3d_c10wn said:
The R31 had an RB30, so i suppose you meant an R32 to start with?
The R31 Skyline sedan had the RB30E. The HR31 grey import GTS-r coupe came with the RB20DET-r. My friend's (who owns an R31 Skyline) friend has the rare HR31 GTS-r liner with the RB20 running 14psi low setup and a 19psi high setup. Goes hard. From memory, all HR31 Skyline coupes had RB20s.

So I suppose you really knew what I was talking about? Only being a bastard. You are forgiven, lol :p

w1ck3ed_c10wn said:
but i'd say its more what you can do to make an otherwise boring car something special.
Spot on. An EJ20T Brumby is very special - very rare. Same as a modified HR31 GTS-r liner. I mean, if it looks awesome stock, imagine it modified?

Here is what I'm on about, albeit a GTS-X not an R. The R is even horner.

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
hmm i've never seen one of those, how rare are they exactly? and why did the RB20 come in those and not the sedans? (i suppose the RB30 had more torque or something?)

SlipStream

HSC
w1ck3d_c10wn said:
hmm i've never seen one of those, how rare are they exactly? and why did the RB20 come in those and not the sedans? (i suppose the RB30 had more torque or something?)
They're not that rare - there's quite a few on the net but they're all imported.

Not sure why they had the RB20 over the 30, but.

Dj_danizm

HSC
N/A
For 30k u wud buy a Rx7 series 3 upgrade the existing 13b turbo get a cameleon paint job. Wide body kit from either team jet speed or 2freakuout. 18 inch or even 19s maybe vaults or sum sorta rims like dat. The get a massive hybird intercooler. AFter dat u wud go into sound. A Schnieder sound system. 2 15's a 4 6x9s 2 splits and 2 tweeters.

SlipStream

HSC
Hahaha @ DaddyK - but of course!

"Hey mayt cummin look at ma fulli sik rx 7 mayt izn't it sik??"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)