Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Would you take a coronavirus vaccine if it was available to you, and if so which would you prefer?

• No

Votes: 18 11.8%
  • Any vaccine

Votes: 19 12.4%
  • Pfizer

Votes: 47 30.7%
  • Astra Zeneca

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Already vaccinated with AZ

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Already vaccinated with Pfizer

Votes: 60 39.2%
  • Moderna

• Sputnik

• Janssen

• Novavax

• Total voters

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
How does one work from home for an extended period of time without going insane? haha
Is it the same thing as me skipping all my lectures and tuts? because I seem to love doing it all from home :rolleyes:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Last edited:

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
The US has become the first country to overtake China on number of infections gg

blyatman

HSC
N/A
China's cases are underreported by about 1/3rd. They quarantine but don't include asymptomatic cases in their official numbers, which goes against WHO guidelines (do a quick google search if you want articles). Their actual number of cases is about double that of Italy. I've also heard that China doesn't report certain deceased cases, i.e. if someone has died from flu-like symptoms who has not been tested when alive, their corposes do not get tested, but instead get sent to the crematorium. I don't have a source for this, but I wouldn't be surprised. Overall, you should always take numbers from official Chinese government data with nothing less than a truckload of salt.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
If you want to talk about the “true” number infected then both the US and Italy (to a lesser extent) are very under-reported as well. The US testing regime was a mess early on and only recently has picked up. Italy has only been testing when more severe symptoms arise so they’re missing a lot of mild cases (that’s why their case mortality rate is so high).

blyatman

HSC
N/A
If you want to talk about the “true” number infected then both the US and Italy (to a lesser extent) are very under-reported as well. The US testing regime was a mess early on and only recently has picked up. Italy has only been testing when more severe symptoms arise so they’re missing a lot of mild cases (that’s why their case mortality rate is so high).
That's a bit different to intentional underreporting to hide the facts and figures. Yes, most countries around the world didn't react early enough, and not enough testing is being done, so the true numbers in those are likely to be higher. But that's not quite the same as knowing the true number and publishing suppressed numbers to make the data look better.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Holy shit Boris Johnson just tested positive for the virus... 😮

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Holy shit Boris Johnson just tested positive for the virus... 😮
I have absolutely no idea who that is but alright haha

Also the Prince Charles has the Coronavirus as well..

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
lol wtf who did you think was handling the Brexit mess a couple of months ago?
True that. I never thought of looking up who was actually doing it lol

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I have absolutely no idea who that is but alright haha

Also the Prince Charles has the Coronavirus as well..

Prince Charles shouldn't have been tested. He has it very mild case. Yet again, another rule for the "Royal Family".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)