Costume Design (1 Viewer)

Kitty_182

HSC
What is everyone putting in their logbook for costume design? I go to a really small school and I'm the only one doing costume design so I really have no one to compare myself with. I've got research, pictures from magazines and from the net and sketches and I'm starting to look at fabrics...but is there anything else I should include?

Also, what medium are you guys thinking about? I've done some experimenting and I found that water colours work the best, but if their are any suggestions I would greatly apprectiate it.

Thanks

Chrissy

ariana88

HSC
im doing private lives (amanda and sibyl) and instead of doing the 1950's style im doin more casual and modern with a touch of boho in it..my log book i did the colors im gonna use and im using color pencils which mom got specially for my designs...i also inclued the textures such as coloring under a certain texture like cardboard or material...in the design u can also include the samples of buttons if ur doing jackets or pants with the swatches..

Gummy_bear

HSC
Put in all your progress, any sketches you do (even if they are on scrap paper in the middle of english) all your fabric samples (they like to know that you have checked out heaps)

I also researched certain eras that i was think of doing for my costumes, i researched the play and stuck in examples of costumes that were worn in performances of my play.

Its also good to show that you have a concept behind your costumes so put in any metaphorical nonsence about why you chose certain things.

Soon, I will be posting up my costume designs, which recieved quite a good mark and i will also post up example pages from my logbook, which also got a good mark. this is, once ive finished my uni essay that it :p

Oh, and also, if you havnt got too much in your logbook, i would suggest getting an A3 sized logbook, it looks a lot better with your sketches and stuff, and fits a lot more info on one page. but if you already have a lot in your A4 sized book, then thats fine, i just find that A3 is much easier.

So, ill post my stuff up about tuesday ok?

Kitty_182

HSC
Thanks so much for all your replies! :)

Yeah my log books A3, its so heavy lol.

That would be great Gummy_bear, thank you so much for your help!

Chrissy

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
Gummy_bear said:
Put in all your progress, any sketches you do (even if they are on scrap paper in the middle of english) all your fabric samples (they like to know that you have checked out heaps)

I also researched certain eras that i was think of doing for my costumes, i researched the play and stuck in examples of costumes that were worn in performances of my play.

Its also good to show that you have a concept behind your costumes so put in any metaphorical nonsence about why you chose certain things.

Soon, I will be posting up my costume designs, which recieved quite a good mark and i will also post up example pages from my logbook, which also got a good mark. this is, once ive finished my uni essay that it :p

Oh, and also, if you havnt got too much in your logbook, i would suggest getting an A3 sized logbook, it looks a lot better with your sketches and stuff, and fits a lot more info on one page. but if you already have a lot in your A4 sized book, then thats fine, i just find that A3 is much easier.

So, ill post my stuff up about tuesday ok?

thank you so much thank you im stuck on what to fill in event hough i havent started design . please dont shooot dont shoot.... ive done theroy ans extra info llike staces and how to display and all that but if i get a ruf idea then i no what to do !!!!!!!!
thankyou

em jayne

HSC
hey i'm doing 'Private Lives' as well. I've done all the prelims, and now i'm doing final renderings...is that where everyone else is up to as well? There's only like 2 months to go...I've decided to use water-soluable pastel things...they good!! um, I've sort of stuck with the 40's style...but used hell psycho colours...i love this play, hey! How funny is it!!

Kitty_182

HSC
Yeah I'm up 2 my final renderings aswell. Its so scary coz it takes so long to do them and one little mistake and its ruined :S!

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
Kitty_182 said:
Yeah I'm up 2 my final renderings aswell. Its so scary coz it takes so long to do them and one little mistake and its ruined :S!
same situation but i just want to get them over and done wif as i have art textiles and drama g p to do ~!!!!! anyone here in my boat

AlyxaArcana

HSC
I'm doing The Ham Funeral by Patrick White for my costume design and I've just put a lot of stimulus material, swatches, colour combinations, fabric ideas and why I chose them and just a lot of symbolism in the costumes...

I'm really scared that I'm not doing it right tho because the other girls in my class that are doing costume designs are really competitive... and it just gets soo confusing sometimes =[

fruitarian

HSC
Yea...I'm doing Top Girls. I'm just starting on my final renderings now...It's a bloody lot of work for 30% ay!

I've also got trials this week, Extension 2 story, my art major work and my Drama GP...so (in short) I'm screwwwwwwwwed!

toopy2000

HSC
Hey AlyxaArcana...

I'm doing the Ham Funeral for Set design. What sort of symbolism have u blended into the costumes??

Eventually I'll need to make scale models and roughly costume them for the design... any ideas?

Cheers;

Peace out! :0)

lowek

HSC
gahh costume design haha. My logbooks are heavy too!
I'm doing as you like it. yep I went with old shakespeare.
I'm also the only one in my class doing costume ]:
there are like 8 individual performances, 5 scripts and just me doing costume design.

Katzy

HSC
:( AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*running around in panic mode*..... im stressing soo badd...im still up to my preliminary drawings!! its sooo badd!!! someone please shoot me...

and i still dont know what to include into my book....my book is almost finsihed too!!but there still seems to be not enough. and its due in 2 weeks....

im going to fail arnt i!! waaaah :bomb:
do u think i can do it?

coz so far...i dont...
umm..so is there really a list that tells you the type of things that you can put into your logbook??

eek...sorrry!!!! this is me in panic mode...

samfa88

HSC
i duno why i chose costume? i dont know what medium to use either, they all suck for me. i just gota find time and be bothered to do anything. i guess i betta start. in your log u should also stick in the marking criteria...sheet...thingy. you know the one which guides you through what to do. my teacher said thats a must,- stick it somewhere at the front.? good luck xoxo

aslo what play are you doing...?

Katzy

HSC
im doing everyman...a medieval morality play...

costme requires so much work!

aaaack! i put my work in for a monitoring and i didnt even pass...

yikes....one week /and a half before its due....

and i have to do my major art..*sigh*...

i doubt ill make it....:worried:

what text are yOoz doing?

Katzy

HSC
*sigh of relief*

m glad its all over...

THE END.

jcaple

HSC
lowek said:
gahh costume design haha. My logbooks are heavy too!
I'm doing as you like it. yep I went with old shakespeare.
I'm also the only one in my class doing costume ]:
there are like 8 individual performances, 5 scripts and just me doing costume design.
im doin as you like it too, plus im the only one doing design...everyone else is except for 3 doing video is doing performance! i kinda wish id picked performance, i reckon itd be less work!

i havent started my final renderings or picked which fabrics im definately doing, or started my rationale...its due in 3 weeks for me for an internal assessment!!! im screeeewweddd!!!

what characters r u doin? im doing rosalind and duke frederick

jcaple

HSC
oh oops...didnt realise u did urs last year...how did u go??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)