Cotton On Christmas Casuals (1 Viewer)

ninjapanda

HSC
N/A
Hello peeps! :) So who applied for holiday jobs at Cotton On? Anyone received any offers yet? I had my interview last Friday and they said they'd contact us by the end of next week (aka this week) if we were successful. My friend and I still have no sign so far but it looks like one or two people have been contacted. Can't tell if they're off schedule or if I should give it up for lost and keep hunting :/

rockadeli

Smile
HSC
I also applied and went for the interview last Saturday! I also haven't received any calls yet either :/
I'm gonna just give it another week, since they also ran interviews this Fri/Sat.
Good luck and all the best with getting contacted! :)

ninjapanda

HSC
N/A
Good luck down your end too, rockadeli! :) I was surprised when I found out they were holding a second round of interviews for those who couldn't make it to the first. Hope they're just delayed with contacting everyone. I remember thinking 'wow, one week? That's really quick!' haha. I got offers for Parramatta, DFO Homebush and Burwood. I went to DFO and my interviewer was really nice!

rockadeli

Smile
HSC
Thank you :)
But according to a friend, Cotton On have already contacted those who got the job. Not too sure though, guess we'll see! :/
Oh nice! Hopefully you got the DFO job :D
I have a group interview tomorrow for Colette... kind of nervous since it's a group one :/

ninjapanda

HSC
N/A

fahout

HSC
Yeah I got an offer for EASTGARDENS. Did the interview last last Friday, and they called me telling me I got the job last Thursday. I have no exp, so pretty happy I got the job.

ninjapanda

HSC
N/A
Congrats :) So they called you, huh? I got an email saying I got in but need to wait for a manager to contact me with store location, induction date blahblah. Looks like I should keep a watchful eye and ear for my phone. Unless they decide to call the home phone, which would be awkward.

I've got no experience either so I'm very happy. Much easier to find other jobs once you've landed your first. All the best at Eastgardens!

rockadeli

Smile
HSC
Congratulations to the both of you, ninjapanda & fahout :)
I also have absolutely no experience either.

I also looked at those sites the night before the interview, ninjapanda! They're really helpful aren't they? :)
I guess I won't give up my hopes just yet as I don't think I did too well in the Colette interview xD

HSC
How much are you getting paid /hr(if you're over 18)? Would that be approximately the same for other stores like Big W, Target etc?

kimimore1

HSC
Hey guys,
so I just recieved an email today from Cotton On group saying that I can come in tomorrow for an interview. I don't know what to wear, and I don't know what to expect? This is what the email said;

#moreholidayjobsatcottononhavearrived
Interviews for Holiday jobs at Cotton On are on this week. Friday 26th of October 2012 @ Cotton On Anytime between 4pm-6pm There are plenty of roles for one of our biggest stores in NSW
Dress: #showusyourstyle
The holiday job contract runs from the 1st Nov 2012 – 20th Jan 2012.To be successful for this role you must have full availability between 12th Dec 2012 – 8th Jan 2013. If you have prior commitments... Don’t stress, just check out our careers page in 2013!
Pass this email on or bring your friends along that would also love to work for the Cotton On Group, just don’t forget they will also need an application form. So print them out a copy too! If you have been lucky enough to receive more than one of these invites, you will only need to attend one of the interviews to be considered for all locations.
This is your last chance to get a #totespops Holiday Job with us @ Cotton On! **If you have already attended a Holiday Jobs Interview with us last week, you won’t need to attend again, this is the chance for those who were unable to make it last week.
See you there! #goodluck

What should I expect? Is this going to be a group interview or one-on-one? I don't feel comfortable if its a group interview as I once attended one of those a few years ago and I was terrified.
What should I wear? I don't really have any clothes that i've bought from that store apart from printed shirts, hoodies and a pair of maroon pants. I was thinking of wearing a white botton-up sleeveless top (with silver little jewels on the collar) and a high waist black flowy skirt. But i'm not sure if that'll look too dressy. To me, its smart casual. And according to what other people say, wear black and white for interviews, sorta like an office lady. well this isn't an office job, its a fashion store so I guess wearin black and white and still looking trendy and nice might be ok? what do you think?

Do you think this will be a group interview? if so, how many people? And what sort of questions would they ask, and how can I answer them?

What other things should I expect? Please Help!! The interview is tomorrow! :eek:

Sarah92

HSC
Uni Grad
I logged in after 2.5 years just to reply to this thread :)
anyways, I am working at Cotton On currently as a Christmas casual, did anyone else get the job? It's not too bad, the pay is decent and the people are nice.

misspatrice

HSC
N/A
Congratulations to the both of you, ninjapanda & fahout :)
I also have absolutely no experience either.

I also looked at those sites the night before the interview, ninjapanda! They're really helpful aren't they? :)
I guess I won't give up my hopes just yet as I don't think I did too well in the Colette interview xD

Hi! I hope you get this msg.. But I was just wondering if you could give me some tips for my group interview tomorrow for Collette. I am so nervous and don't know what to expect in the group interview :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)