• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Country School vs City Schools (1 Viewer)

Gsus

HSC
Hey i was just wondering on what your thoughts were about country schools vs city schools... im from a country school with like 40 yr 12 students and its a good atmosphere... whats your year like?

HSC
our yr12 was 60 ppl. we wernt all close till then. we matured and all became friends. it was good tho, everyone knew everyone

Gsus

HSC
yeah every1 knows every1 in our year... its great... there is only about 400 in our school... so its not the biggest of schools

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Generally, city schools tend to have more students, since more people living around the city would mean more demand for education. At my school, we are a fairly close bunch, with about 130 in the cohort, but not everyone knows everyone else and I guess this is a setback for having a larger year group.

eleanor88

HSC
City schools have a MASSIVE advantage. Just check out the top 200 schools from last years HSC.

Elle. :)

poopoohead

HSC
From country school. 50 in our year. largest year 12 in the schools history!!! I wouldn't trade it for the world. everyone knows everyone else. fantastic! increases your chance of topping a subject

HSC
Bookie said:
210 people. Best location in the city.

We all know and love each other. But probably not to the country level of konwing each other.
i cant believe u have 210 ppl thats crazy im like from the centre of the city and i only have 60 ppl in my year.. i rekon in the country it will be so much more relaxing and calm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)