Course advice needed. RE: BA Italian / International Studies (1 Viewer)

dior1

HSC
N/A
At the moment, I am quite keen to pursue my interest in the Italian language and study it at university.

I'm quite interested in 2 courses (1 in particular) offered at Deakin University.

* Bachelor of Arts majoring in Italian
* Bachelor of Arts (International Studies) majoring in Italian.

I know people who study an International Studies degree really want to work for laces like DFAT, etc and it is really competative. I'd also love to work for DFAT, but are their more pathways and career opportunities than that??

I would definitley study abroad during my second year ^^

In your opinion, which one would be better to study and why?

Has anybody studied either of these courses before?

And also, is there any way to combine studying Italian with Criminology besides doing a BA Criminology together with a Diploma of languages?

TIA :D :D

dior1

HSC
N/A
I sent a few emails out to Deakin asking how I would go about doing Criminolgy and Italian together.

Their responses were kinda helpful and from what I gather I have two options:

* Study Criminolgy in Geelong and travel to Burwood for Italian (which sounds like it would be expensive and very inconvenient)
* Study Italian at Burwood adn do Criminolgy by distance.

The second optuions sounds good at the moment, just the whole doing a major by distance sounds a little scary.
Can anybody doing a major by distance shed a little light on their experience/difficulties?

tia

HSC
I'm not sure if your interested anymore

but for your first post I'd do Bachelor of International Studies major in Italian.

I'm doing taking our French as a major. I'm more interested in the history and language side rather than politics. :)

xx

lou071

HSC
N/A
At the moment, I am quite keen to pursue my interest in the Italian language and study it at university.

I'm quite interested in 2 courses (1 in particular) offered at Deakin University.

* Bachelor of Arts majoring in Italian
* Bachelor of Arts (International Studies) majoring in Italian.

I know people who study an International Studies degree really want to work for laces like DFAT, etc and it is really competative. I'd also love to work for DFAT, but are their more pathways and career opportunities than that??

I would definitley study abroad during my second year ^^

In your opinion, which one would be better to study and why?

Has anybody studied either of these courses before?

And also, is there any way to combine studying Italian with Criminology besides doing a BA Criminology together with a Diploma of languages?

TIA :D :D
according to my teacher, it is better to do Bachelor of Arts (International Studies) majoring in Italian rather than B of Arts and Italian.
coz B of Arts is too broad. and doing language studies is really good- one of essential qualities which the employers look for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)