Course Selection Process (1 Viewer)

King Tut

HSC
N/A
aight well i know that the uni's send out forms to who they offer courses too but i'm not sure how it all really works. the uni's send out forms to the people they want n u can either accept it or reject it right? and can you get more than one offer for that main round? Now, i was told if you reject the main round offer, which you are only offered one, then that chance is gone and you 'might' get an offer to say your first preference which you might have missed out on, but if you don't then you'll get one of your other preferences which could be a lot worse off then your main round offer.

Is that right?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
you only ever get one offer per offer round.

say you got your 3rd preference in the main round, and you want to see if you have a shot at 1st or 2nd at the late round.

the smart thing to do is accept the main round offer and leave your preferences as is for late round selection. then, if you get a higher preference in late round, withdraw from your main round offer.

King Tut

HSC
N/A
oh k so even if you accept the main round offer, everyone still gets a second round offer as well??

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
King Tut said:
oh k so even if you accept the main round offer, everyone still gets a second round offer as well??
No.

If you are given your first preference in main round, that's it. It's the one you want most, it's the one you got, no need to waste time with you in late or final rounds.
If you did not get your first preference in main round, then in late and final rounds you have a chance of getting it.

As frigid said, if you get an offer in main round, accept it and leave preferences as is, you might get your first round offer in late or final rounds, at which point you can accept that and withdraw from the main round offer. If you don't get your first preference, then at least you made it to uni doing something you've listed as a preference.

King Tut

HSC
N/A
yeh i understood that, but im just asking even if you accept your main round offer, but not it's your first preference, you will still get a second round offer?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
poloktim said:
If you are given your first preference in main round, that's it. It's the one you want most, it's the one you got, no need to waste time with you in late or final rounds. If you did not get your first preference in main round, then in late and final rounds you have a chance of getting it.
hmmm... i thought if you re-ordered your prefs before the late/final round deadline you may get an offer for those rounds, even if you got your 1st pref in main?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Frigid said:
hmmm... i thought if you re-ordered your prefs before the late/final round deadline you may get an offer for those rounds, even if you got your 1st pref in main?
Thats the way it worked when I did it, though I think poloktim is more referring to the idea that it'd be redundant if you already got into what you wanted.

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
hold on, lets say I dont get an offer for first preference course in the first round but i do get an offer for second preference course and accept it. if i still want to get into my first preference do i just wait and hope they send another offer?

whats this about reordering the preferences? wouldnt they still have details about which course i listed? or would i have to resubmit another application after getting my second preference offer in order for a chance of getting the first preference offer.

and how would i withdraw an offer?

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
kami said:
Thats the way it worked when I did it, though I think poloktim is more referring to the idea that it'd be redundant if you already got into what you wanted.
Great minds think alike. Though my mind is morally corrupt and a vacuum, so maybe yours is too?

Either way, spot on. :)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
DeathB4Life said:
hold on, lets say I dont get an offer for first preference course in the first round but i do get an offer for second preference course and accept it. if i still want to get into my first preference do i just wait and hope they send another offer?
Pretty much - having recieved and accepted an offer in the main round does not alter your chance of recieving something in later rounds.

whats this about reordering the preferences? wouldnt they still have details about which course i listed? or would i have to resubmit another application after getting my second preference offer in order for a chance of getting the first preference offer.

and how would i withdraw an offer?
You simply put in a few different courses, once a UAC application is in then its in, feel free to change it. Just remember that each round has a deadline where they consider the preferences you have in at that point.

Its also a fairly simple matter to withdraw, you simply click the neccesary options after you've accepted the offer.
poloktim said:
Great minds think alike. Though my mind is morally corrupt and a vacuum, so maybe yours is too?
Oh my mind is most definitely morally corrupt.:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)