Courses Help!!!! (1 Viewer)

drakdaystar

HSC
Hi guys,

I've recently decided that I want to be a management consultant or just get into the consulting industry. However, I am unsure of what course in university would best prepare me for this position. I am considering either:
  • Actuarial Studes/Law at UNSW
  • Commerce/Law at UNSW
  • Commerce/Law at USyd
Based on your experiences, can someone give me some advice?

Thanks in advance.

Dawen

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Consulting? Probably Commerce - though I know of a maths honours student who is being heavily chased by one consulting firm. I'm not exactly sure what consulting entails, but I'm guessing his quantitative knowledge gives him a leg up.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Comm/Law seems to be a staple in that particular field.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Depends on what industries you're interested in.

RishBonjour

HSC
Comm/Law - usyd or unsw is purely up to you to decide.
Mckinsey, Bains and BCG hire people with MBBS, law etc etc - basically any academically rigorous degree - you just have to have outstanding academics (i.e. commerce with a major in management/marketing will most probably not get you in).

"We look for people with strong analytical abilities and outstanding academic records. However, simply being eager, driven and smart will not earn you a spot on our team" - Bains and Co website. So their recruitment is no joke.

drakdaystar

HSC
Thanks for your help! Just a question, what would I have to major in then?
Comm/Law - usyd or unsw is purely up to you to decide.
Mckinsey, Bains and BCG hire people with MBBS, law etc etc - basically any academically rigorous degree - you just have to have outstanding academics (i.e. commerce with a major in management/marketing will most probably not get you in).

"We look for people with strong analytical abilities and outstanding academic records. However, simply being eager, driven and smart will not earn you a spot on our team" - Bains and Co website. So their recruitment is no joke.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)