Cover letters - make or break? (1 Viewer)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
seremify007 said:
Don't people have spell check? I guess it shows that not everyone reads the instructions on job applications properly. May i ask what kind of job you were looking at resumes for ur_inner_child? (out of curiosity)
Sales Representative - hardware stuff, as in industrial paint etc. We were a distributer to hardware stores around Aust.

I think the salary was $50 - 60K ish + company car, not entirely sure.

viviena

rawr.
HSC
A question: When applying for job positions online, should the cover letter be included in the email body, as a separate attachment, or in one attachment with the resume following?

Last edited:

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Personally, the cover letter should be as the body. Otherwise, I've always found it awkward to write something in the body of the email, telling them to politley refer to the attached cover letter + resume document. Seems to work well, but I'd be interested in others' thoughts, too...

Last edited:

spillargroove

HSC
Thanks to everyone who replied, I got a job last week - didn't require a cover letter but I got through the group interview. I'm relieved. vbmenu_register("postmenu_2473391", true);​

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
spillargroove said:
Thanks to everyone who replied, I got a job last week - didn't require a cover letter but I got through the group interview. I'm relieved. vbmenu_register("postmenu_2473391", true);​
congrats man

may this be your start to a prosperous career

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)