COVID-19 and school closures (1 Viewer)

B1andB2

HSC
Hi all, hope you have all been well. I wonder if school is still optional next term? What I mean by optional is you don't have to go to school unless you don't have anyone at home to supervise you, exactly like what we are doing at the end of this term. Are they going to keep classes online for the entire term of next term or are they gonna make students go back to school like normal again?
they said that this 'lockdown' will go on until june 29th AT LEAST. so i think, and hope so.

Potato Sticks

HSC
The 2020 HSC exams are likely going ahead as scheduled, confirmed today.

Like anything, this is of course tentative and subject to the Coronavirus situation in 6 months time (even if they don’t admit so). If it is like the current situation or better, obviously it will go head. If more waves of infection hit, exam cancellation is unavoidable. A good way to put this is that they are “covering themselves” whether or not exams go ahead, because cancelling them later would not result in major controversy (while reinstating exams would!).

Obviously, the best strategy always was and will be for students sitting exams this year to prepare for HSC exams occurring, regardless what happens in the end.

Good luck to all in the HSC year, no matter what happens!

Last edited:

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Rip lol looks like most stuff at unsw is online next sem. Another semester of doing Chem labs online :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)