Cpu (1 Viewer)

Ninga

HSC
The CPU actually came off really easily, like when the fan's clips were off, it came straight off stuck onto the thermal paste. So...ive got no idea why, and my mate thought it was a bit wierd, but it went back in fine...

It doesnt boot up at all. I press the switch, and nothing happens. The outlet seems to be working, ive got a surge protector on there, and its still working. I guess the surge protector could be broken, but i dont think so, but i can check that. I'd need a multimeter to be able to do some of that stuff sunny, and i cant check points 2 and 3 because it doesnt boot up at all, no power whatsoever to anything. Which is why i think ive fried the power supply.

If 350W is enough, then i wont bother getting a 400W psu. Ive got an albatron geforce 4 fx5200 vid card which has 128mb ram i think. I know its an albatron, cos i remember reading it off the invoice. Ive also got a network card which isnt being used, a 56k internal modem, sound is integrated audio with my motherboard, which is a gigabyte 8sq-800 motherboard. Ummm...2 case fans are antec? stealth fans, while CPU fan is the coolermaster jet 4 fan. DVD-RW, CD-RW, um, floppy drive...cant think of anything else that would eat power. 2 HDs, a western digital and a Seagate. hmmm...thats all i can think of. If any of those generate shitloads of heat, please let me know. Otherwise, im just gonna replace my power supply. Dunno if the guy i bought the computer off will replace or not though, because i have added stuff to the computer.

Anyways, thanks for the help Sunny, maybe my PSU just decided to pack it in. Maybe its something else. Wish the guy who made my computer was in the country ;)

sunny

meh.
HSC
I'd need a multimeter to be able to do some of that stuff sunny, and i cant check points 2 and 3 because it doesnt boot up at all, no power whatsoever to anything. Which is why i think ive fried the power supply.
You can always just settle for a cheap $20 multimeter for now, and check the power supply. If its working fine, then you'd save yourself the money of buying the power supply.

But try point 3 again - if one of the components in your computer is causing a short somewhere, your computer won't boot at all. If you've disconnected that device, the computer might work. Try removing each of your cards one by one.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
Originally posted by wrx
get a 3.4ghz P4 :D thats if u can afford the 1400 price tag :D
i dont think its that much ...

Ninga

HSC
Originally posted by Merforga
If the PSU works it might the Mobo. On the mobo somewhere should be a little LED that says that it has power from the PSU even when the comp is turned off.
Nah, thats never worked on my mobo for some reason. And its not working now either. I might try the multimeter, i'll need one sometime anyways. But otherwise i might just wait for the guy who made the computer to get back from taiwan, its still under warranty by a month, so i could be in luck.

But yeah, its odd that the light has never been lit on my motherboard, even when its turned on, i used to run it with no case because the cpu fan that came with the computer was shit :)

Collin

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by RUB!X
i dont think its that much ...
It would be more than that actually.

The Pentium 4 3.20GHz with Hyper Threading Extreme Edition (800Mhz/2Mb) costs $1400 already at cheap online stores.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)