CQ University (Central Queensland University) (1 Viewer)

apshah

HSC
I too am keen to know this for sure. However I believe that even the fourth year training is listed under the "62 weeks clinical placement" so it should (logically) be included i.e. the same as undergrad placements.

7friday

HSC
hi! i didn't get into the course, but i did a lot of research into the course and the uni, and I made a few calls as well.. hahaha
anyway, the good thing about the sonography course at CQ is that they DO find clinical placement for you, so you don't struggle to find it yourself. Also, with other songraphy post grad course, the course lasts for two years (as well as the difficulty of finding a sponsorship).

Also, if you need to contact the uni, it's better to call them because if you email, you'll never get a reply, or you'll get one that doesn't generally make sense. (When I called, the receptionist tried to tell me that there was no such thing as a sonography course at the uni)

So yeah I understand if you are a little worried about administration within the sydney campus, it seems a little unreliable, but I do believe the course is definitely the most direct, easiest and possibly one of the best if you really want sonography to be your career =)

Another few bits of useless but interesting information, - another reason for running the sonography course was to increase the number of australian students at the campus.
- apparently (according to the guy on the phone) about 75% of the intake for 2013 were not year 12 leavers, they had transferred from other universities.

hope this helps everyone! =D
enjoy the course =] =]

apshah

HSC
Thanks a lot for that information 7Friday! That's very good to hear. Good luck in Radiography @ newcastle!

epaklt

HSC
N/A
I am interested in the Sonography course in Melbourne. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this course and how they find it. I have been trying to get some info about the placements but haven't heard back yet. Seems to be a bit of a theme with them, so has anyone found this a problem when studying with CQU?

Any info would be appreciated.
Cheers

ggumpshots

HSC
N/A
How much heavy Maths and heavy physics is there in first year Sonography as distinct from a bit of sin, cos,, tan ,algebra and arithmetic.I haven't done either subject for a very long time. How about Maths and Physics in latter years?

apshah

HSC
Ggumpshots - only basic maths is required in first year (Basic algebra and BASIC trig), probably at a year 10 level. Physics at a year 12 level is helpful but the course caters to all students as it is not a prerequisite so you should be fine (the physics course starts from the basics and covers all topics, not necessarily medical related)

Epaklt - I'm @ Sydney campus and so far it has been going great. The second year is when you really get into scanning etc. so I cant comment on that.

Note that the first year is a common health year so all courses are run across all campuses, therefore all the lectures are recorded and there is very little 'campus interaction' (as opposed to traditional unis). I believe this changes in second year though

Hope that helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)