HSC
xeriphic said:
I have less than a day to study for my physics, hmm lucky me XD roflmao
i'll write a 'how-to-cram-physics in 12 hours' guide:p

senso

Left BOS 11/04
HSC
N/A
If you really need to cram. There is that 'Revise HSC Physics in a month' excel book.
Its
a nice summary of everything, and you could probably go through it in a day. But your not going to remember it all.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
mz_bubbletea said:
I have 9 free days before my physics hsc exam! :D

do you think its possible to cram the whole year's worth of physics into those 9 days?

Taking into consideration that I can study full time for at least 8 hrs each day.

lol of course, easily

i got notes on the whole course that i read over in an hour

i have done it twice
64 hours is more than enough dude

BillyMak

Silent majority
HSC
gordo said:
lol of course, easily

i got notes on the whole course that i read over in an hour

i have done it twice
64 hours is more than enough dude
Finally, someone talking some sense!

Nine days is plenty. I have six days and I think that it is more than enough. In fact I believe that if you gave me one day I could cover the whole course in ~4 hours.

Assuming that you have done work throughout the year, so what you are reading is not new stuff, there is no reason why you can't get >80%, let alone >60%

BillyMak

Silent majority
HSC
BTW I am cramming for Ext. 2 maths and Ext. 1 maths in 3 days, and to me this does not sound like an inappropriate amount of study.

SarahMary

*Procrastination Central*
HSC
mz_bubbletea said:
I have 9 free days before my physics hsc exam! :D

do you think its possible to cram the whole year's worth of physics into those 9 days?

Taking into consideration that I can study full time for at least 8 hrs each day.
Basically the best way to cram for physics is past papers, so 9 days of past papers, assuming you go through the answers and go back over the ones you got wrong/ didn't understand etc. should see you alright. but as you said you have 12 units

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
In my opinion, cramming is bad and it is something I try to avoid. That aside, if you don't even bother cramming thats even worse.

bubble_tea

oh well, not much I can do about it anymore but cram.

I pretty much spent the last two weeks cramming for chem and maths and I'm pretty alright at both of them now, I got 92/105 for the 2003 2U maths paper and i usually get 60-70% in my assessments. I pretty much grasp the basic concepts for chem, its just the 5-7 mark questions that scare me a bit. :S same applies for physics, though i havent touched physics for a long time.

CrashOveride

HSC
mz_bubbletea:

We did it babyyy :p

I studied for phys like 2 days before exam - 96.
UAI: 99.15

So the message is kids, learn your dot points and dont ask too many beyond-the-syllabus questions if u dont want to waste time.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Thats so true, just keep it simple and know the dot points and you will be fine

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
CrashOveride said:
UAI: 99.15
So the message is kids, learn your dot points and dont ask too many beyond-the-syllabus questions if u dont want to waste time.
Nice, I scored a bit higher than you last year- but I studied more than two days.
Take his/her advice- learn your dot points, focus on the syllabus.. I'll get round to writing another sticky about making summary notes

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
acmilan said:
haha t-i-m-m-y we got the same UAI, but you beat me in physics

congrats mate nice UAI.. although its not that good:p compared to others that is... haha i beat u in physics *jumps up and down*

bubble_tea

i only studied for 2 days before the physics exam.. =D never passed a physics exam in my life.. ended up getting 74!!! WOOT!~!

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Meh barely studied for it and got 90. Oh well. The syllabus is annoying and various questions I didn't like but oh well.

Cramming I don't think would work that well for physics, since it relies on so much memorisation it is better to get it into your long term memory.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)