• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Cramming study (1 Viewer)

ronnknee

Live to eat
HSC
My hobby is cramming for exams. Well its trials in a week for me. Any tips please? I still need to start advanced english, 2and 3 unit math and studies of religion. Tips for 3unit math would be much aprreciated.

RocKetBoy

HSC
rote learn ALL ur formulae (atleast be able to recite off by heart)
improve ur essay writing speed to atleast 5pages/hr+ (but ofcourse quality is beta than quantity lol)

gud luk

tpeet

HSC
I am a crammer too but have become quite good at it, so good teachers don't believe me when I explain that I could have worked harder!
Tips: Get up early in the mornings, pick the key points to study.

Maths = learn formulas, look over past HSC qu's and try a couple if u have time, practice makes perfect and really without practicing maths daily u r going to struggle (sorry).
Look at a variety of qu's and make sure u think outside the square, especially in ext 1.

English: attempt to read over ur texts, at least a little bit. learn quotes and make sure u have understood ur texts.
Good luck!!!

RocKetBoy

HSC
look at questions u got wrong or marks u lost in past exams, and then learn from mistake.
for english know ur vocab for the area of study.

studynz2008

HSC
Stay away from cramming!
Focus on your study ahead of time. Create reviewers and list down important matters in your subjects and read them over and over again.

I don't believe in "people who practice cramming" but I believe its just an excuse.

bregitta

Red is for Rad
HSC
Make sure you read over the same stuff over and over again. Even if you can't remember the exact words, you'll still have some kind of memory of it. This is good in multiple choice questions anyway

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
I can study all I want weeks before exams, but there's nothing like the weekend-before rush when it comes to REALLY learning the stuff. Desperation it the best adrenaline.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)