cramming (1 Viewer)

HSC
tessss said:
I just registered for this board just to avoid reading about the Ramesside period.

ARGH.

haha me too.
except not ramesside period, just the whole nke from amenhotep III- ramsess II.
im just glad my teacher chose to teach us a person within our period :D

ive spent half of my day on this procrastinating when i should be reading my textbook.
ive still got about 100 pages left...
agh.
:bomb:
thats whats happening to my head.

dat202hoe

HSC
All I can do now is try to memorise quotes. I'm really worried about the Historical Period essay; cannot remember a single quote atm.

mattyb015

HSC
I've give up on quotes for tonight. I'm gonna have a shot at a few of them tomorrow.

Qwedst

HSC
Didn't read the thread but from the title I guess the exam is tomorrow. I remember being there last year. I followed a simple plan

Stayed up probably till 3am. Previously I looked at the syllabus for each topic and you can tell what the questions will be on from that and if you can say general stuff about all the points on the syllabus then just add random ramblings on it seems to be ok.

As for the pompeii section if they still do it there were a list of 4/5/6 topics down the bottom of the syllabus. I summarised these into a bunch of points for each then for about 3 hours continually wrote them down over and over to cram them in so by the time I was finished i'd used a notepad for it.

The exam came and the long questions were on those points so I spewed forth the dotpoints i remembered and made them coherent.

Got 97/100 for the exam. So yea if the exam is soon and you are stressing, go through syllabus of each topic making sure you can say general stuff and if you don't know the pompeii stuff from the bottom that they ask the big questions on make dotpoints and cram them in

Corey023

HSC
some1 please send me essays on cleisthenes. xerxes. sparta. P&H.

or im dead

jjo

I'm go murderlise dog!
HSC
ZOMG!

its raining!!!!!!!!

lol

relax time!!!

things will memeorise easier now..................Pericles..............what a bitch....(WAB)

danniface.

HSC
Thanks for the advice Qwedst =D
That's pretty much what I'm doing.

I'd be fine if I didn't have fucking religion tomorrow too. I want to study for religion because it's usually easy and scales well, but I don't know if I'll get much time for it :/

Ramesses II should GTFO. I'm freaking out about that section because the question will probably not even be about HIM, but something associated with his time or some crap.

...although it's very comforting knowing that practically everyone doing ancient is cramming frantically =DD

HSC
erm, since all the ancient history doers are in this thread, can someone tell me a spartan queen aside from gorgo... just in case they ask for them in the 'name' part of the exam.

MadamGuilia

HSC
Qwedst said:
Didn't read the thread but from the title I guess the exam is tomorrow. I remember being there last year. I followed a simple plan

Stayed up probably till 3am. Previously I looked at the syllabus for each topic and you can tell what the questions will be on from that and if you can say general stuff about all the points on the syllabus then just add random ramblings on it seems to be ok.

As for the pompeii section if they still do it there were a list of 4/5/6 topics down the bottom of the syllabus. I summarised these into a bunch of points for each then for about 3 hours continually wrote them down over and over to cram them in so by the time I was finished i'd used a notepad for it.

The exam came and the long questions were on those points so I spewed forth the dotpoints i remembered and made them coherent.

Got 97/100 for the exam. So yea if the exam is soon and you are stressing, go through syllabus of each topic making sure you can say general stuff and if you don't know the pompeii stuff from the bottom that they ask the big questions on make dotpoints and cram them in
Though I'm not excessively worried, you have calmed me down a lot, and helped me realise I just need to get some basic stuff down and use what I know and it will be alright.

It is my worst subject and my dream is to go to uni next year.

tessss

HSC
-vicki.VICIOUS- said:
haha me too.
except not ramesside period, just the whole nke from amenhotep III- ramsess II.
im just glad my teacher chose to teach us a person within our period :D
oh did you get akhenaten? if so, that is lucky! we do nke ah3-r2 as well, and i keep getting it and the ramesside period confused. AND we have to do cleopatra as our person so it isn't relevant.

basically, kill me.

Justina

HSC
russianROULETTE said:
erm, since all the ancient history doers are in this thread, can someone tell me a spartan queen aside from gorgo... just in case they ask for them in the 'name' part of the exam.
I was going to suggest Lena Headly's character before i realised she is Gorgo, lol, such a weird name....

Don't think they'll ask for a queen though

Ramboysf5

HSC
this sucks ipt took my whole day... so now i can only cram a good 3 hours in... but i did cram yesterday whole day o well fuck this

Justina

HSC
.....did anyone else just get told it's going to be 36 degrees tomorrow?!

Debbo

HSC
trots24680 said:
New Kingdom Egypt sucks poo!!!!!!

Is anyone else scared to write an essay on New Kingdom Egypt?

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

This has gone BEYOND the point of exam nerves... This is PURE FEAR!!!!....

FEAR!

tessss

HSC
36 DEGREES? NO. NO NO.

I am scaffolding NKE like mad. Seti is my hero.

(hiiiiii deb)

Corey023

HSC
Im so worried about it and yeah, other peoples anxiety is relieving mine a bit. Until i read the majority of peoples UAI aims; up in the 90s.

I have no chance!

People that are saying; 'oh im stuffed for this and this' 'ive just been cramming for like 3 days, i hope i remember it' i hope something happens to your brain and you cant drive to school and then you forget how to use a pen and cant read or write!!

hopefully then my state ranking will be increased; mwuahahahahah

Justina

HSC
tessss said:
36 DEGREES? NO. NO NO.

I am scaffolding NKE like mad. Seti is my hero.

(hiiiiii deb)
How sucky would it be to sit through 4.5 hours worth of exams in hot weather :(

tessss

HSC
Justina said:
How sucky would it be to sit through 4.5 hours worth of exams in hot weather :(
so glad i dont do SOR. as if the stress of two exams on one day isnt enough, you can also boil to death too...

HSC
Justina said:
I was going to suggest Lena Headly's character before i realised she is Gorgo, lol, such a weird name....

Don't think they'll ask for a queen though
i'd certainly hope not, just want to be prepared for any eventuality.

tessss

HSC
I'm afraid to go to sleep tonight in case the information I've just crammed falls out of my head.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)