Crap at maths? (1 Viewer)

SGJA

HSC
Hey all

Just wondering if anyone else has a mental block regarding general maths?

I seem to really struggle with it, whereas I have no real trouble getting reasonably good marks in apparently harder subjects like adv eng and chem.

So does anyone have tip to achieve better marks in the HSC or exam techniques?

If I dont improve my mark in the HSC maths will bring my UAI way down.

I also get nearly 100% in assignments when I have plenty of time but can't pass in exams. I think lack of time is a problem so any tips to doing it faster?

Thanks it advance for any tips

(having a mini panic here)

LatK7

HSC
Practice exams. What you don't get right or just can't do revisit the text book and revise it. Then go back and attempt the questions.

At this point it's just revision, revision, revision.

JeKiiE

HSC
i suck at maths and its not helpful since its the HSC in like 1week and half :burn:

PC

HSC
N/A
Do as many practice papers as you can in the next few weeks. Because you're not learning any new work, you get better at doing the routine sorts of questions that you keep seeing and that will give you a bit more time up your sleeve.

Typical questions that are always the same are anything to do with spherical geometry and radial survey questions.

Adam.Meads

HSC
I'm exactly the same. I can get good marks in harder subjects, but I can't seem to handle the concept of General maths!

Jonny90

HSC
nope im actually quite good at it but i noe ur sh*t... but yea i discoverd and easy way to memorise and get down those tricky forumlars... its simple just get out a pen and paper and write this down and finish it off:
I am crap at maths because........ and yadda yadda.
need help? ill answer it for u. Ok here it goes.... i have no life, i studied ralph magz and playboy 2... there u go

hope this helps.... peace

Adam.Meads

HSC
Jonny ... You're an idiot. You're not funny, and you probs need to get a life, instead of trying to be a wisecrack on a student HSC Forum.

Anyways SGJA, I am the same. I can handle the concepts of "harder" subjects, but just CAN NOT understand General Maths for some reason.

KaLibuR

HSC
Jonny90 said:
nope im actually quite good at it but i noe ur sh*t... but yea i discoverd and easy way to memorise and get down those tricky forumlars... its simple just get out a pen and paper and write this down and finish it off:
I am crap at maths because........ and yadda yadda.
need help? ill answer it for u. Ok here it goes.... i have no life, i studied ralph magz and playboy 2... there u go

hope this helps.... peace
AHAHAHAH! Oh man *wipes tear from eye*. Look at it this way Jonny, we need people to clean toilets, and it seems we found a winner. While you're there memorising those "tricky forumlars", you should write this down:

"Move the mop forward, move the mop back."

Rinse and repeat. You'll have that janitor job in no time ;)

Peace.

ccc123

HSC
KaLibuR said:
AHAHAHAH! Oh man *wipes tear from eye*. Look at it this way Jonny, we need people to clean toilets, and it seems we found a winner. While you're there memorising those "tricky forumlars", you should write this down:

Rinse and repeat. You'll have that janitor job in no time ;)

Peace.
lol

kiiZza91

HSC
yea i really struglle with maths
i got told to start from basics as stupid as it sounds you should start from basic year 7maths and re work your way up

=]

Mind-Revolution

Nothing Else Matters...
HSC
N/A
SGJA said:
Hey all

Just wondering if anyone else has a mental block regarding general maths?

I seem to really struggle with it, whereas I have no real trouble getting reasonably good marks in apparently harder subjects like adv eng and chem.

So does anyone have tip to achieve better marks in the HSC or exam techniques?

If I dont improve my mark in the HSC maths will bring my UAI way down.

I also get nearly 100% in assignments when I have plenty of time but can't pass in exams. I think lack of time is a problem so any tips to doing it faster?

Thanks it advance for any tips

(having a mini panic here)
No, I don't mind General Mathematics. All I could advise is practice, practice, practice.

As for it being your problem subject, I find Physics is stupid and too inconsistent...not to mention contradictory in the Space topic...

cool.pseudonym

HSC
argh. I just can't seem to grasp General Maths. I seem to do well in all my other subjects (which are mainly humanities) but Maths lets me down. I have my Half-Yearly Exam in 2 weeks and I feel as though I don't know anything!! I am really starting to freak out.

I've been revising/practising but i'm feeling a little overwhelmed. Do you think it would be worth me investing in a study-guide?
I just need help. Bafscdassa
hahah.
:(

Mind-Revolution

Nothing Else Matters...
HSC
N/A
Excel - General Mathematics + Your Teacher + Textbook provided by Teacher = you should do fine.

If you don't understand something, just ask your Teacher / fellow students, until you understand.

sasa-o8

HSC
I fucking loathe annuities....whoever said general maths was easy is SO WRONG! Too bad I'm only doing 10 units, so I can't afford to stuff this up :(

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
bospro said:
i'm gonna say, you're pretty much a failure if you cant do general maths.
lol
Not all people a re good at maths.

PS That is a shit signature.

HSC
sasa-o8 said:
I fucking loathe annuities....whoever said general maths was easy is SO WRONG! Too bad I'm only doing 10 units, so I can't afford to stuff this up :(
Were doing annuities atm. Sorry to say, but I find them pretty easy. I find that I can do the set work etc in class, I just have trouble remembering stuff in exams due to my total lack of a study routine (or study at all really). :eek:

sasa-o8

HSC
Ms. BRIGHTSIDE said:
Were doing annuities atm. Sorry to say, but I find them pretty easy. I find that I can do the set work etc in class, I just have trouble remembering stuff in exams due to my total lack of a study routine (or study at all really). :eek:
Really? That's cool. My whole grade (that do general) don't understand it...well we're not a smart school but it's quite shocking that none of us understands it and the teachers can't teach :(

How do you know which formula to use? I know how to substiute the values in, but I don't know which formula to use. AND MY TRIALS ARE COMING UP IN THREE WEEKS! :bomb:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)