• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

crap teachers (1 Viewer)

pig_93

HSC
just wondering if anyone's teachers are crap and they have to kinda teach themselves the syllabus?

thats whats happening with me in society and culture and im just wondering what u guys do to help you do well??

the thing is, i say some things to my teacher, but shes just so nice that i cant full yell at her for not teaching us properly

and another prob is no one else cares in the class, but me, cos we're in a class of dero's who thought society would be a bludge....

what can i do...im stuck eh

spanks

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
hmmm...our bio teacher is a bit like that...shes slow on the uptake and never quite explains anything so that you have to go back yourself and find out the explanation. she constantly says things like "theres this thing thats really important to this concept, cant remember it at the moment, but its very important for the hsc so make sure you've got it down." then shambles on to the next topic and mumbles through it while hands shoot up desperately to stop her and get her to explain herself fully. grrrr she annoys me but then again bio is pretty easy atm, so its not too bad i guess. :)

julz1245

Yeah, my legal teacher's kinda like that, which I feel guilty saying cus he's a really nice guy and everything... just not sure if teaching is his strong suit... we basically just read through notes he prints off from the net and do past hsc papers in class. Luckily, legal is a subject you can study yourself, but I get stressed as hell around assessments because his logic when it comes to marking is just as bad
hang in there, i feel your pain!

ahacohen

HSC
Do they really CARE

sometimes i wonder if the teacher even care about our future. Our Future is in their hands, and we can easily lose it. Get this... Im in year 12 now, and we've had 3 maths teachers within 1 and a half

The first maths teacher... he was the best, he actually got the students to listen to him, and learn actually maths. But... he got a offer in Hong Kong.

The second teacher... well she is in her late 50s im guessin and i our students didn't listen to her, except for me, but she also left.

The third teacher... she is fresh out of uni, so she is 23. Her relationship with her on and off boyfriend, is... well she got married and is now pregnant. And she will be leaving us at the end of term 2. How convenient. Oh you wanna know why i know so much about her personal life... well that is all she talks about.

But lucky for me... i like to work at my own pace in maths. So that means i am 3 chapters ahead of my class, and almost finished the text book.

So im wondering what the fourth teacher is gonna be like...

Teacher suck fullstop

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
I'd say it was more a question of which teachers are NOT crap, because with so many of them you eventually have to go, fuck it, and teach yourself. I told my dad about the 'recommended amount' of studying the board of studies says you should do, and he laughed... said it was ridiculous that they can't even teach us the hsc while we're at school, we have to go home afterwards and do it all ourselves. Sometimes I think my time would be better spent studying at home for a few hours and then earning some money or something... I'd estimate that only about a quarter of the time (if that) I spend at school is actually useful, in terms of marks at least.

denise_

So fetch!
HSC
yup the most crappiest of teachers is probably my chem teacher... she is like so crap that more than half the class have made complaints about her to whoever we could.. that didnt seem to be workin.. but yeh.. so consequently i had to find myself a chem tutor and from that self study.. i do not understand a word that friggin chem teacher says... and plus she totally hates me.. which makes it worse.. and i came last for my chem assessment which totally sucks.. but yeh.. its not lyk im a total dimwit at the subject.. the teacher is also to blame

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
My maths teacher is like that. He sux firstly cos he's like 25 or something, which is not that much older than us. Not only that but he's insecure so he tries to be all "big man in charge" which makes everyone edgy towards him, which makes him edgy, which makes ppl angry, which makes him angry, which means we spent the whole of year 11 engaged in small turf wars with him. Now we've settled down he still sucks because most maths teachers have poor communication skills and he doesn't get why we don't understand some stuff; he assumes everyone thinks like him.

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
year 11 was so crap with him as a teacher. but its better now, people actually work which is essentially what he wants. so its not AS bad now :p

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
It still is just as bad, cos he still can't explain things properly! Ok when the class was fucking up that was annoying, but it's not like he's any more useful as a teacher now that we can't be stuffed.

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
I do get private tuition, it's the only reason i got over 30% in our last exam. We shouldn't have to pay for extra tuition when we already pay for teachers at school though.

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
Wooh that was 200 posts! I'm now a senior member. *surprised at sudden claim to fame*

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
Extension? You kidding? It's fucking catch up work! Cos that's what happens when you tell your parents about your life, they damn well go and complain to the school about it and you end up getting MORE maths work. Anyway I'm not that good at maths; I can be when it's explained properly, but of course it's never explained properly.

ahacohen

HSC
Zoltan said:
Extension? You kidding? It's fucking catch up work! Cos that's what happens when you tell your parents about your life, they damn well go and complain to the school about it and you end up getting MORE maths work. Anyway I'm not that good at maths; I can be when it's explained properly, but of course it's never explained properly.
Then your solution is simple! don't work with the class. Move ahead of the class, work at your pace! it'll get the teacher off your back, and will leave you extra time to revise when comes your exam.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
"Those who can't learn, teach.
Those who can't teach...teach gym"

- Jack Black (School Of Rock)

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
ahacohen said:
Then your solution is simple! don't work with the class. Move ahead of the class, work at your pace! it'll get the teacher off your back, and will leave you extra time to revise when comes your exam.
I'd like to but I don't have the time; I have to study for my other subjects too. :p Besides other than seeing a tutor once a week, the only other thing I have is either my dad (who's usually busy) or my textbook, which sucks.

My maths teacher is such a wimp I don't even have to TRY to keep him off my back any more... think he knows I won't back down if he picks a fight. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)