Crappy Lanuage teachers (1 Viewer)

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
Does anyone have/ or had a real crappy language teacher? My German teacher in year 12 was really crappy, she would not teach us and could not her concentration for long enough to teach us anything. We would ask either for help or a question and she'd give us a 30 second answer; then go off into a tangent.
Most of the time though her response was "Look in the text book" And that was useless when we didn't understand much (being a German Beginners class) and having the entire text book written in german.
I did end up getting a tutor (my english teacher, who can also teach German) It was still hard though because sometimes she could not tutor due to preping for her other classes. In the end though I did improve some what going from 20-30% to 50% (With a HSC Mark of 55) So it was delightful results for both myself and my tutor, who bend over backwards so I could achieve.
I know I could have done better if I had a decent teacher.

Last edited:

Peartie

HSC
A couple of people in my class think shes bad but my German teacher i find really good and, although she answers you're questions in german she answers them so we can understand them (it is a continuers course so we should always be speaking in german). The teacher i had in year 10 was CRAP and didnt teach us anything.

scoby_2000

HSC
my german teacher sucks....

firstly shes a swede...and no shes not hot

secondly when she does come to class (which is rarely...due to her sickness) she always finds some reason for us not to do anywork (e.g changing classrooms, things not working...blah blah)

i use to like it coz it was a bludge....but hsc now :S

elisabeth

HSC
I wish I had a "real" German teacher... the OHS folk are nice enough, but a 5 minute telephone call every week isn't really ideal. It'd be good to have someone there who I could get heaps of speaking practise with and ask those niggling little questions you get.

vas y molo

I have great teachers for both french and German.

sorry, that doesnt help at all :p

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
My language teacher was pretty shit. For our half yearly, she used the 2002 HSC paper, and for the trial exam she used the 2003 paper! God, she was so lazy. She also said we had to work 'independantly' which we obviously did, but still it was pretty slack while she bludged all the time! She also never ever reminded us that our speaking test would start before the actually hsc exams...and i was informed at the last minute by BOS. Even the student teachers from uni were more better than her...

chepas

HSC
Hurrah Open High School, liz ;).

Re crappy language teachers: My German prof is annoying me at the moment. Anything that requires explanation he says will 'be explained later in the course'. I'm impatient, I want explanations NOW, so they make sense NOW. Thank god I still have some stuff from OHS like reference grammar books etc, and of course the omniscient source, Google...

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
marchetta said:
My language teacher was pretty shit. For our half yearly, she used the 2002 HSC paper, and for the trial exam she used the 2003 paper! God, she was so lazy. She also said we had to work 'independantly' which we obviously did, but still it was pretty slack while she bludged all the time! She also never ever reminded us that our speaking test would start before the actually hsc exams...and i was informed at the last minute by BOS. Even the student teachers from uni were more better than her...
That sounds exactly like mine, and get this for the junior language classes the lesson consist of watching eps of the simpsons.

chepas

HSC
Futurama in French is soooo much better (EDIT: than the Simpsons in french!) ;). (Futurama is better on the whole anyway!)

Last edited:

elisabeth

HSC
champ_sammy_19 said:
It was Kommisioner Rex(forgot the spelling) for the German classes
lol, i watch kommissar rex on thursdays. i prefer the episodes with moser though and all the death does get boring after a while. some episodes i found well creepy :/ it's really not the type of show i'd watch in english, but the german tv shows are so limited you have to take what you can get.

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
elisabeth said:
lol, i watch kommissar rex on thursdays. i prefer the episodes with moser though and all the death does get boring after a while. some episodes i found well creepy :/ it's really not the type of show i'd watch in english, but the german tv shows are so limited you have to take what you can get.
tru I stopped watching after yr 12 I just got bored with it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)