creative length (1 Viewer)

1qaz2wsxokm

HSC
hey

How long should this be?? Do they mark on length and substance? or just substance!? thanks pplz

berra

HSC
depends. like if you cover the requirements, then dont worry about the length. also, u musn't drag it on jst to have more pages. be specific, get to the point ,and most importantly, answer the question... trust me, my teacher has been marking the hsc's for ages....

Good luck

Dr_Doom

HSC
Include these:

orientation (1 paragraph)
complication (1 paragraph)
middle (3 - 4 paragraphs)
climax (2 - 3 parahraphs)
resolution (1 paragraph)

berra

HSC
Dr_Doom said:
Include these:

orientation (1 paragraph)
complication (1 paragraph)
middle (3 - 4 paragraphs)
climax (2 - 3 parahraphs)
resolution (1 paragraph)

LOL, im in advanced english, and i so dnt follow that... i even forgot wat they were lol, and i do get really good marks, so yea... my point.... u dnt have 2 so it that way

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
You can't really use a formula like that for creative pieces. It's QUALITY over QUANTITY. Mine's 500 words (1 typed page) and I've gotten full marks for it every time. So it doesn't have to be long to be good.

Dr_Doom

HSC
woah only 500.... It must be good.. Or alot of hyphened words.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
1qaz2wsxokm said:
hey

How long should this be?? Do they mark on length and substance? or just substance!? thanks pplz
As a general guide, about one booklet should suffice (in 40 minutes, with 8 pages, this equates to 1 page in 5 minutes)

But yes, quality/substance is always more important than quantity. Make sure to utilise lots of techniques in the construction of your creative piece like alliteration, metaphors, imagery, and others if you can.

Always make sure you follow the instructions too. Its such a simple thing but you'll be surprised how many people don't do this in a panic - if the question says to use a certain opening line or a certain closing line or make a reference to at least one of the stimulus material provided DO IT.

Good luck everyone.

xxPanDa

HSC
i got another question on creative writing

when i was taught to write a feature article
the teacher told me to put a "by line"
"pull our quotes?"

whats a by line? are pullout quotes necessary?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)