Creative techniques? (1 Viewer)

Ballinnn

HSC
Does anyone go into exams with a technique on how to align their creative piece of writing with the stimulus? :)

HSC
i always include that the persona is reading a newspaper with the stimulus image in it (and drag it out with description). That way you can get rid of it and continue with your creative piece.

Ballinnn

HSC
hmm.but wouldn't you get marked down for not continuing it throughout your story?

Bobbo1

HSC
i always include that the persona is reading a newspaper with the stimulus image in it (and drag it out with description). That way you can get rid of it and continue with your creative piece.
Yep, this is just touching the stimulus. You really need it to be an integral part of your story to get an A imo. This just comes to practice in learning how to adapt your creative to the stimulus, trust there is ALWAYS a way ;)

HSC
really i thought u just had to include it once :S
we had one for half yearlies and we just had to use one of the quotes they gave us e.g. what would people think of me

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
Put it this way: you wouldn't only address an essay question once in your essay and expect an A in return would you?

OT: there is no single way that you could slip the stimulus in and guarantee an A range mark. It really comes down to your story and how the specific stimulus can have significance in your story. e.g. my creative was set in a high tech post-apocalyptic wasteland and the stimulus I chose from the paper was a little boy hanging from a tree. This became a treasured memory and also reminiscent of natural life, etc which i played around with a lot in the story from beginning to end.

Memories are generally easiest if you are trying to make a quick link to it, otherwise describing them but having them immaterial to your work literally doesn't answer the creatuve question properly.

Last edited:

jasonz1c

HSC
N/A
The creative in 'creative writing' is adapting your pre-prepared story to the stimulus :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)