Creative Vision:M (1 Viewer)

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
I'm looking to replace my 20gb 4G iPod with something, and instead of shelling out another $400 or so for another iPod, I thought I'd at least look into the other options.

Anyone here have any experience in using the Vision:M? Don't really care to watch videos on the thing, I just want to play music. Does anyone know which player boasts a longer battery life with playing music?

Legham

HSC
Nah, get the Creative Vision:M.. I haven't used one, but apparently they're awesome.. And Creative aren't gay like Apple, so its win win.

BIGTYMA

Focus
HSC
i got the vision:m and i love it. battery life is much longer than the ipod it also has a brighter screen than the ipod. the sound is good and it supports divx. everything u need. anymore questions just ask.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
politik said:
Wait until the 6G. It will be worth it.
In what way? And how long is the wait?
bigtyma said:
i got the vision:m and i love it. battery life is much longer than the ipod it also has a brighter screen than the ipod. the sound is good and it supports divx. everything u need. anymore questions just ask.
I understand that the video playback is a lot longer than the iPod, but some sources I've read said the iPod has a longer play time with music files. And as for the screen, I don't care that the vision:M is a lot better in that respect, as I said I'll only be using it to play music. How about the software and interface with it?

Navigation on my old iPod was pretty great, don't think anything will top the clickwheel

gracie007

HSC
hey ive had one for a while now. i love it...ive never had any problems with it. the sound is really good compared to my sisters ipod equivalent...much easier to use... comes in good colours, its really easy to upload videos and movies, i have about 10 differnet tv episodes such as lost and south park and the office and watch them heaps on it....also another thing u can get with it that i use is a video cable...costs 25 bucks...u can then connect it up to the tv. this way i download videos/movies and put them on my creative then can watch them on the big tv at home! its awesome. so far i have about 4000 songs on it and the videos...still lotsa room. seriously get one, do NOT get an ipod. my sisters have gone thru soo many ipods coz they always die/have a problem with them..all my other friends with ipods have had at least one issue with theirs...some even having to replace theres more than three times!
creative all the way!

gracie007

HSC
oh, i just realised u said u didnt care about watching movies on it. in that case, have u looked at some lower versions of the creative? coz theres no point really in spending big bucks for a vision m if ur not gonna be using video features. have u looked at the zens on this page? http://www.creative.com/products/mp3/

BIGTYMA

Focus
HSC
Music play back is quite long and has a much longer music playback than any other other mp3/mp4 player in its class.
Software is easy to use. you can either go about transferring files through the bundled software or by drag and drop.

i argee with gracie007 if ur not interested in video take a look at the zen series. i got the vision:m and the zen micro.

Another good mp3 is the Samsung K5. its got a built in speakers.

Last edited:

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Nahh their capacities are not high enough for me I'm afraid. Rather just stick to the Vision:M if I do decide to go with Creative.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
BIGTYMA said:
My ipod is blindingly bright as it is. Anything brighter and you'll be filing for legal blindness.

I've not had a problem with either of my ipods, love them to death . Rest of the family hasn't had any problems either.

BIGTYMA

Focus
HSC
Creative is a good choice. Sound quality is great which is expected from creative as they carry over their experience from sound cards to the mp3 industry.

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
Ive had a creative vision M before they came out here. I bought it from hong Kong unfortunatly it was a dud model and broke 5 days later (well i was a bit dissapointed but i accepted not all are 100%)
got it replaced and have had the second one now for about 14 months give or take.

The music quality is fantasic, you can watch family guy etc without complaint the size and quality is fantastic

now battery terms, ive always got mine on 5 days a week. Right now i travel 4 hours a day to/from work and i still get around 10 hours playback after charging

The machine is a must have, Ive never had an ipod and after experiencing my cousin get one and what he went through to use it im never going to get one. Im a creative through and through.

btw my old 128mb creative player ive had for 4 years is still a beast today even after stepping on it, dropping it u name it :)

Freshmex

Stapler Donator.
HSC
BIGTYMA said:
Another good mp3 is the Samsung K5. its got a built in speakers.
PLEASE don't go with any MP3 player with built-in speakers. People on public transport will hate you, and the treble produced would make you develop a disdain for your music.

Yeah... the Creative Vision:M is good... if you want a BRICK in your pocket.

Whilst MiniDisc.au is selling it for $345 (minus shipping), you can go to your local Domayne store and get the iPod for $349 now.

Politik talked about the 6G iPod. What is it? It'll be like the iPhone (www.apple.com/iphone) without the phone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)