Creative writing assistance (1 Viewer)

rajeev

HSC
Hey!

I do standard and trials are in like 1 week... to this day I have never practised creative writing in class... sure i have in like yr 10 etc but never for the hsc..

Im kinda freaking out about it.. like im getting all my texts sorted etc but i dont understand what makes a good creative writing piece...

Apart from having a good demand for the english language what else is needed.

I know you can do any text type, does anyone suggest that its best to do a certain one because its easy or anything?

Any help you can give will be really helpful to me and everyone here.

Thanks,

Pace_T

HSC
do story
teachers dont like ppl doing poetry cuz students can write better stuff than those "talented" poets that we have to learn about

use symbolism, metaphors, similies etc
brainstorm all the bullshit u learnt from journeys
and use those as themes in ur story
easy 14/15 right there
thats what i did and it got me that mark which is ok i suppose

rajeev

HSC
Ok ive got mine pretty much sorted for monday.. when i have trials..

main thing that i learnt is that.. make it a simple story, and you can be corny.. like have gay metaphors etc... who cared if u sound like a tool..

and even if the story sounds kinda childish its better to do a simple story that you can understand..

and writing from 1st person is the easiest, dont do anything tricky like write from a bystanders perspective, or have some crazy plot twist..

anyone know how long it should be for a decent mark (band 5/6)?

7th Sign

HSC
i have my story ready, its around 3 pages, already had it marked and recieved 19/20 ...now i just have to memorise the key elements of it. Also i know how to substitute it into different formats for the creative writing task eg a inerview

HSC
exactly, you can have a "19/20" story like 7th sign, but if you're asked a quesiton/quote/random shit (which you will be) you must fit your creative writing response into that questions reference

I had a 3 page story but ive refined it down to only 2 pages :(

7th Sign

HSC
Casmira said:
exactly, you can have a "19/20" story like 7th sign, but if you're asked a quesiton/quote/random shit (which you will be) you must fit your creative writing response into that questions reference

I had a 3 page story but ive refined it down to only 2 pages :(

do you know how easy it is to adopt your story to the question,

They will ahve something like 4 pictures with a title for each all you have to do is choose the title which best fits your story....even if its a speech or a interview you can still adopt it....

Doobie

HSC
Find an RPG video game, and mould the story around the question asked.

Seriously, do it, I did it for my trial, and got 19/20. I used Final fantasy VII. Learn a storyline, hit it hard :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)