Creative writing help/critique? (1 Viewer)

Syrrah

HSC
Hey guys,

I'm still relatively new around here and I'm just starting a bit of creative writing but unfortunately I've stumbled across a bit of writer's block. So anyway without further ado, I present to you a little, very little, piece of creative writing.

We want to believe this is how it was, that the world has always been so cold, so grey, so mechanical but we know it hasn't. We know, we were there, we saw it change. We saw the grass slowly turn into concrete, the buildings grow taller and taller like monolithic giants trying to tear down the sky and I saw you. I saw you change right before my very eyes.

Once we were three, inseparable since childhood. The trees we used to climb as awkward adolescents no longer stand and neither do we. Those trees we once thought so invincible are now nothing but the fodder that fuels the fires that burn the bodies of those afflicted, bodies just like that of you.

I still remember the day it happened, the day you caught it. We thought we were safe, hidden in the impregnable fortress we had built up in our minds. The walls were nothing but bricks and mortar though, not anywhere near as strong to resist the deadly bacteria that seeped through the air.

Italics represent the topic sentence we somehow had to incorporate or relate. I'm still not entirely sure whether to ditch this and try something completely different but I really wanted to write some kind of dystopian future thing.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Well you've definitely established a dystopian society setting-but it's not sufficient to write a story to be dystopian, you need to have a clear plot in mind otherwise your story will end up uncomfortably ambling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)