creative writing (journeys) (1 Viewer)

kim_

ey guys i was wondering if any one who has already written a creative story on journeys or past hsc people who have written creative stories on imaginative journeys could please post them up within the next few days because ive been brain dead for one week now trying to write a creative story and i just cant think of how to write it because we did journeys last year term 4, and Ive forgotten the whole concept of what to include in an imaginative short story and the trails are next week

thanx.:)

simonsez

hey fairydust, im in need of sum too, hehe, man we have trials next week, and by the way i go to ya skool, lol, yeh i need some creative stories, and any1 with 1 or 2 would be of great help, thanx....

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Your creative piece doesnt necessarily have to be about your focus journey. You should write a generic "journeys" creative piece. In the HSC you may get a choice of what "heading" to write about and one may relate more to a focus journey than another. You can pick any, so i suggest that you write a generic one. it can be something of the most simplest ideas, but its the way you write it that matters (quality, not quantity). Just sit down and write down all the words you know that assosicate with the concept of journeys and pick some words and write a story about it.

Last edited:

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
but its harder than that!!! it has to be sort of decent! with all those narrative techniques and stuff! what about the poor people with zero creative writing ability?!

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
shellybelly087 said:
but its harder than that!!! it has to be sort of decent! with all those narrative techniques and stuff! what about the poor people with zero creative writing ability?!
They are usually shot dead.

Agas

Stressed
HSC
Can they specify a text type for Section II? i.e. can they make you do a story or a speech or eulogy or whatever????

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
miss_gtr said:
yeah thats wat im doing, the language first.. that'll take me like 15 mins max..then i'll do the essay..that'll take a good 45 mins then i will do the creative last.
Whoa. 15 mins? I take 5-7 mins just to get the bloody things.

Danni07

happy little vegemite
HSC
Sepulchres said:
Whoa. 15 mins? I take 5-7 mins just to get the bloody things.
lol most of the time I don't bother reading them, just look at the question and skim through to find the answer... You normally don't have to 'get' them, just be able to identify main techniques and very basic ideas about journey (often found in opening or closing sentences).

Moonlite

HSC
I got 13/15 for my creative piece in the Half-Yearlies, which was the highest... basically what I was advised to do was use varying sentence lenghts, show a good grasp of language, and not to make it too long...

It doesn't really matter what the story is about (as long as it's related to journeys), but how its constructed, so don't worry too much on the plot.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Just remember witt. I like witt. Witt gets me far.

It helps to have cool similies like - she was as easy as the TV Guide crossword. You don't even have to make them up yourself; Woody Allen is my best friend ^_^

HSC
I got my creative writing too :( I'm trying to convey an image through it but having SFA luck

major booboo

HSC
try and get into a rhythm with the creative writing. you need to relax. this one isn't about recalling like an essay. just know a rough plan of journey concepts that must be or should be dealt with, then form a story around that. my advice. do not do a normal physical journey of someone travelling somewhere on a holiday or something. i mean you can and if you are good at writing you may do really well, however, generally speaking markers are looking for something different. something that stands out. honestly write something whacked out. i always do! :) blur the boundaries. try and mix in different genres and text types. if you can write in or are acquainted with writing in a postmodern paradigm then try that as well. just make it interesting. and of course have a journey. i often get so caught up in writing it that i have to quickly put in a journey towards end. dont do this. have learnt my lesson.

BIG HINT: unless they specify try and write about not just one type of journey. mix them all. have a physical journey that affects the person emotionally (as they often do) and then show and (make it obvious that you are drawing this parallel) that the person undergoes an emotional journey and if you have time... leap into postmodern writing and make your character submerge into his subconscious. in effect make the character metaphorically enter into their own mind. It is now also an internal journey, though a little literal. and the whole thing should be imaginative. anyway good luck and if you have more questions on creative writing then email me neb_soulja@hotmail.com

hahaha but don't email me about essays cos i hate essays

good luck

lazyjess13

HSC
for an idea:
a birth
from a mother or fathers persepective then you can elaborate on how they had come from a child to an adult with a child my teacher helped me with this idea and she marked a prep i wrote and told me it was really good

now i dont know if it will help anyone but if it can then it was worth posting

Sam.

bored.
HSC
Some ideas that myself and others have used:

- Memories are always fantastic ideas. They allow an incredible level of emotive language to be used, particularly if they are reliving a traumatic experience. They can also be considered both an inner and imaginative journey.

- Comparative experiences between different people, different cultures, different ages etc.

- Make sure your stories show some sort of change, transformation or enlightenment. Teachers wanna see that you understand all that really tacky, irritating crap about "the purpose of taking journeys". Try and write stories that you could analyse in your essays!

- USE YOUR TECHNIQUES! The whole point of creative writing is to not just show that you're inventive and imaginative, but that you also understand the fundamentals of writing so fully that you can do it yourself. Even if it's just your basics: similies, juxtaposition, imagery. More adept writers can start to include symbolism, metaphors, etc. to further their stories. Just remember to SHOW OFF!

A really good story that I used, where I got full marks, involved a grandmother reliving the pain of hearing her parents killed and being captured by Nazi soldiers during World War II. Her granddaughter asks about the tattoo she has on her forearm, which induces an imaginative journey. After remembering her experience as a child, she relates the past situation (genocide of Jews) to the present one, through which her granddaughter is living (racism toward Arabs), and asks whether the world has really changed. Teachers love it when you get all philosophical and start asking questions and stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)