creative writing, need complications? (1 Viewer)

abc123_

HSC
similar to the other question, would it be alright to have a creative piece that has no complication?

and how many characters minimum?

Sadiah

HSC
If there are no complications, what kind of creative story would you intend to write?

Minimum characters - I say at least three. But yerr, this can vary.

watsthebuzz

HSC
Forget about what the other person said, of course it's okay if there is no complication, as long as your proving your point about the theme, whatever it happens to be. For example, for my HSC (theme=journey), I wrote about walking through the park on 2 different days (with lots of techniques like metaphors, symbolic imagery, etc). I made those two different days filled with 2 different moods and showed it through description. Eg, i used lots of positive imagery for the first day and the next i used negative imagery, but I was still describing similar settings. I used that to show how you can never have the same journey twice, and your outlook can change the journey your on, etc.

So if you have something creative in mind like that, it could possibly work.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Markers recommend focusing on only 1 or 2 different characters. It allows them to be fully developed in the limited time available.

Complication isn't definitely necessary, but your story needs to be justifiable. There needs to be at least some form of structure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)