creative writing poll (1 Viewer)

Do you think creative writing was beneficial to your future career?

• yes

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • no

Votes: 25 75.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

klufs2003

jesus lol
HSC
hey guys, i was just thinking wtf is with creative writing as a compulsory thing. Out of the 60000 students or so how many of them do you think are interested in being an author for a career. Correct me if im wrong but i think thats pretty fuked lol. Anyways i decided to make a poll of who actually thinks creative writing is necessary/beneficial for their future career. PLACE BETS NOW!

Riviet

HSC
N/A
For me it didn't directly benefit my future career, which is instead about analysis and strategic planning. :p

HSC
klufs2003 said:
hey guys, i was just thinking wtf is with creative writing as a compulsory thing. Out of the 60000 students or so how many of them do you think are interested in being an author for a career. Correct me if im wrong but i think thats pretty fuked lol. Anyways i decided to make a poll of who actually thinks creative writing is necessary/beneficial for their future career. PLACE BETS NOW!

Nope, I want to be a journalist and I don't intend on working for Channel 7, 9 or 10 or for the Telegraph

mpearse

HSC
well...thats not the point is it really? the hsc is not about helping a future career...subjects which are in the b-class catagory such as legal studies and retail etc....they are for that

the hs cis about education and learnign for learnings sake...and creative writing has benefited me in terms of my overall education as a person. thinking, responding...

i think you could even argue that the whole concept of applying the principles of empathy is something whcih can benefit us as human beings, not only in jobs but all the time!...though that is stretching it far too much and giving the BOS way too much credit!

mpearse

HSC
well...thats not the point is it really? the hsc is not about helping a future career...subjects which are in the b-class catagory such as legal studies and retail etc....they are for that

the hs cis about education and learnign for learnings sake...and creative writing has benefited me in terms of my overall education as a person. thinking, responding...

i think you could even argue that the whole concept of applying the principles of empathy is something whcih can benefit us as human beings, not only in jobs but all the time!...though that is stretching it far too much and giving the BOS way too much credit!

Megan5

HSC
Hahaha, while I want to become a journalist, at some point in my life, I'm looking to be a children's book author... So in that sense, creative writing has helped me a little.

N4FE

HSC
Necessary, as shown by the dystopias shown by Huxley and Ridley Scott in their texts that are studied in the HSC.

And besides, it's not that hard, if you can't make up a pretty simple story you skipped too many classes in primary school.

em jayne

HSC
well i wouldnt say its absolutely necessary...however, it's all useful in developing ur english skills...i mean...creative writing...you might need to talk urself out of a ticket or something one day and how do u expect to do that if you have no imagination or experience in creative writing...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)