Creative Writing (1 Viewer)

karoooh

HSC
What if they made us design/ write up a plan of visual presentation/interpretations. You know! Dioramas, paintings etc.

Actually, that wouldn't be too bad.

sxc_elle

HSC
oh yes it would..i suck at anything to do with drawing. i hope they say short story..because that way everyone can do whatever they want, and at least it will be interesting for them to mark, instead of lests say 32,000 feature articles, which im praying we don't get as i have no idea what to do with that. i wouldnt have the slightest idea where to begin or what to even include.
one day to go...can't wait till its over

rizamae

HSC
OMG, English paper 1 is tomorrow.......

Wish us good luck......
Especially ME coz im gonna need it.:bomb:

noisypanda

HSC
Im still confused abt creative writing
if it is in text type of an article, speech, letter etc... how do u write about journeys? are u still able to incorporate a short story idea into it? or should it be about something more realistic
(in my short story iv personified an object and followed its journey... dont think i can incorporate that right?)

so lost.. and screwed!
exams 2moro
argh....
help?

rickn

HSC
haha u people are all freaking out. every year theyve had straight forward questions thats been easy to adapt a prepared short story and essay to so chill out. Besides its easy to change a short story into a speech, interview, feature article and all that anyway u just pretend u are the character from the story telling everyone about your experiences. Only thing im kinda worried about is if they say a topic or genre, or if its some weird text type like a comic strip... unlikely.
Does anyone know how long the answers need to be for section I. How long does a 5 mark question need be?

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
its good this year the creative writing wasn't so "straight forward" so that people had to think on their feet.

if you tried to write out a memorised creative on your personal reflection to visiting the corner shop and its ramifications you would've been PRETTY screwed. haha but then again i memorised a short story on an old man reflecting so that was awesome and fit perfectly.

basically memorised creatives can help you, but you might need to do 8 or so various plots with different personas (i.e. first, second, third person, a woman, an old man etc..) to be completely confident before entering the exam because they seriously can throw anything (like this year's hmm)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)