Creative Writing (1 Viewer)

authenticity

Povo Child
HSC
Hi! I was wondering if someone could tell me, for when you are writing a short story, if there are any topics that should be avoid, e.g. drugs? :S

madharris

HSC
N/A
Try to avoid saying 'belonging/belong/belonged/etc' in your creative

as for topics, can't really think of anything too bad. As said previously, you want to be original and not too cliche

plasticities

HSC
Pretty much what everyone has said so far. Anything that can be related to stereotypical teenage behaviour/angst. So drugs, parties, pregnancies, alcohol consumption/drink driving, I think maybe even going as far to say bullying and death (since that is the most obvious form of belonging/not belonging).

A few guidelines are to set it in a short time span, be descriptive (show don't tell) and make the main character and situation something completely different from you.

RishBonjour

HSC
My parents died in a car crash

My dad died

My mom died

all that.

in regards to the "belonging" thing - what if its the only word you can use in your creative for a particular sentence? :/
I used it once in my creative - not with the intention of saying " I BELONG NOW :D" but it was the only world that fitted.
will markers get pissed?

Coookies

HSC
My parents died in a car crash

My dad died

My mom died

all that.

in regards to the "belonging" thing - what if its the only word you can use in your creative for a particular sentence? :/
I used it once in my creative - not with the intention of saying " I BELONG NOW :D" but it was the only world that fitted.
will markers get pissed?
Don't use it, find another word or change that sentence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)