Creative Writing (1 Viewer)

Shansss

HSC
Hello,

Just a quick question on creative writing. I assume this has been asked numerous times before but I wasn't able to locate any related threads about it.

Last year in Year 11 I pre-wrote a creative writing piece for the exam and got 15/15. On the yearly exam, I got 14/15 in the creative writing section for writing essentially the exact same thing (there were some minor adjustments). The AOS was Change.

For my HSC year the AOS is discovery, and I strongly believe I will be able to adapt this piece for these new conditions.

My question is: Is it OK to keep writing the same story throughout Year 11 and 12, while making minor changes to specifically fit the stimulus/question? I'm not confident that I'll be able to construct a new writing piece which will reach the same level of success as the Year 11 one. I've asked my teacher about this, but I can't seem to get a straight answer out of him.

Thanks in advance!

Smile12345

HSC
It is ok, if it strongly/specifically answers the given 'Discovery' based question - You made need to check the Discovery rubric to make sure your current story covers all points.

If your current story covers all the subpoints/areas of the Discovery rubric, then yes, you will continue to get 14 or 15/15.

:)

Last edited:

jimbo97

HSC
Yer i did the exact same thing, i just changed my year 11 story (we did Journey) into discovery and just got our results and 20/20, so if you know what your doing, you should be fine.

HSC
umm hey, i'm in year 11 this year, could you guys please give me ideas for a creative writing task for journeys? i was thinking of the protagonist travelling to another country to fullfill her mother's death wish and whilst on that journey she becomes a better person (somehow). or i was thinking a story about the protagonist driving on the road the whole way through because she is angry with her parents and doesn't want to live under their rules, but towards the end she realises she loves her parents and can't live without them so she drives back?
but honestly, i have no idea if i'm on the right track, so since you guys did journeys last year can you shoot some ideas plz? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)