Credit Card question (1 Viewer)

michaelau

HSC
Hi all.

I was just wondering is it possible for an 18 year old to get a credit card (with a low credit limit) if they are temporarily unemployed and have bank accounts with money in them?

Thanks.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
michaelau said:
Hi all.

I was just wondering is it possible for an 18 year old to get a credit card (with a low credit limit) if they are temporarily unemployed and have bank accounts with money in them?

Thanks.
Most want a certain level of income, not just money in the bank... though I guess if you have a lot of money you might be able to. How much do you have in the bank¿

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
I applied for a standard visa card online with the commonwealth, put $11k as my yearly income (which is true) and BAM a week later I'm issued with a card with a $2,500 limit. They didn't check on where that money was coming from or anything.

Moral: you should be able to manage to get one.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Dumsum said:
I applied for a standard visa card online with the commonwealth, put $11k as my yearly income (which is true) and BAM a week later I'm issued with a card with a $2,500 limit. They didn't check on where that money was coming from or anything.

I applied with Virgin, had my income at around $22k (which is a lie) and about $6000 in savings (also a lie, but not as big of one), they asked for proof of my income, and my credit limit is only $2000.

Moral: don't try and get a credit card with Virgin.

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
Dumsum said:

lol awesome, get roughly the same as you
does it have to be done online or can you just pop in and do it at a branch?
like i'd imagine they'll check up on you more thoughly if you did it at a branch.

jooobl

crazy cat lady
HSC
I applied for a credit card with virgin, got 2000 at the start, now I have a 7000 dollar limit.

i didnt even earn that much when I got it, and it was a few weeks after my 18th birthday.

Evilo

HSC
i think you need a constant income - more than just a "casual maccas"
I am the secondry card holder on my parents credit card. But my parents have alot of trust in me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)