Credit cards (1 Viewer)

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
soha said:
yeah the guy said just accept $500 and later ask for a higher limit and they will give it to you
but im not bothered nemore because i dont really need it
although i wouldnt mind one..i will try in a few months..
get a st george freedom student acct. ,its like a credit card (visa) but u can only spend yr own money. but cause its visa u can use it on the net n shit.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
iambored said:
they just sent me a form with a space to sign, there's no place to fill in employers, assets, income or anything

i didn't get one from anyone else, i feel left out now :( :p

soha may be right, maybe they assess your spending. i am and always have been careful with my spending so maybe that's why.
All your credit history (loans, credit cards, phone plans, interest free repayments etc) is on file at Baycorp... every time you apply or use one of the above it is recorded in yr credit history file. So, for example, if you wanted to go on a phone plan, the service provider would get your details and then check up on your credit history to ensure you will not be a risk to them.

waterfowl

HSC
BreaKing said:
It's almost impossible for a person our age to get a CC with a limit of >$500 unless they have a secure job. And you should have put a lot more than $1000 worth of possessions
I very much disagree.
I applied for my card, and the only assets I put down was about $300 in a managed fund, $1000 in savings account, and I had only been employed (casual) for two months.
They would have seen my transactions, and I had taken a lot of money out over the previous few months.

Despite the small amount of assets, and a very insecure job, they gave me a card with a $5000 limit.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
if u dont have the money dont spend thats what i reckon..

but the c cards that come straight from ur savings sound aight...

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
I recommend the St George Multi Access Card. It's a multi access card so you can use eftpos or credit. But the logical thing to do is charge everything in credit so you dont have to pay eftpos fees, and the credit comes out of your savings anyway. At the same time open up a dragon saver i think its called so you can have income stored away in 1 account and the multi access card linked to your spending account. If you want a cc and expect to pay it all within the interest free period then you wont have a problem with the visa debit card(multi access card).

anyway this site is handy for comparisons : http://www.infochoice.com.au/banking/creditcards/default.asp

golfstick

balbrady's balbarer
HSC
N/A
natstar said:
I dont have one. My dad refuses to let me have one, especially that i live on my own. Ive protested that i need one for emergencies, to save him putting cash in my bank. Multi access ones sound alright tho
Why don't you just apply for one yourself? It doesn't have to have anything to do with him.

fillstar

HSC
I'm with Commonwealth since I got a savings account with them and I want the versatility linking them via NetBank and do money transfers with ease.

It's just the regular blue one. 16-17%pa. with 55 days interest free and a annual fee of around $50 I think.

If you don't really need one then don't get one I say.

I had a look at Virgin as well being a very atrractive offer but I got rejected!

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
i have a virgin credit card
they come in 5 colours (i have pink) and it has no annual fee, interest free up to 55 days, introductory rate of 4.something% for 6 months then 12.65% after that. pretty pretty good, been voted by money magazine as the cheapest credit card available.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
oh and i work full time and stuff with fixed salary and they gave me a 2k limit

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
natstar said:
Yeah, good point. I'd have to change banks tho, which im considering doing anyway. My current bank is The Greater, and thats Newcastle based, and there are only 2 branches in Sydney, which is making my banks fees a bit high when i wana use ATM's and stuff
definitely open another account, you don't have to change just have the 2 running
twisted_emily said:
i have a virgin credit card
they come in 5 colours (i have pink) and it has no annual fee, interest free up to 55 days, introductory rate of 4.something% for 6 months then 12.65% after that. pretty pretty good, been voted by money magazine as the cheapest credit card available.
i have heard they're tough on students, lucky you for getting one! edit: i just read you work full time :)
fillstar said:
It's just the regular blue one. 16-17%pa. with 55 days interest free and a annual fee of around $50 I think.
if you're a student make sure you're not paying the annual fee

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)