Credit transfer question! (1 Viewer)

Ava

HSC
I did B Arts at Macquarie University for a year before transferring to UNSW B Commerce this year. I want to credit some of the courses I did at maq but not sure how many of them I can. I'm planning to do a double degree HRM/Marketing.

Is an elective a course that is related to your major and a general education a course from something unrelated to your degree?

All the courses I did at maq BA is unrelated to commerce, all are language, culture, philosophy and politics. Would these go under the category of general education? If so how many can I get credit for?

Also I'm not sure whether all or only some of the courses I did at Maq can be credited (because of the type of course might not be offered at UNSW or something)...so should I just write down everything and hope the ones that can be credited will be?

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks!

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
If you do a double degree you don't need to take gened subjects at UNSW?

Ava

HSC
So does that mean I won't be able to transfer credit for the Arts courses I did at Macquarie?

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
I transferred from MQ after 1 year of Comm/App Fin

Did you do any accg/acst/stat at MQ ? - They should already appear on your unsw transcript in their equivalents. i.e. acct / econ / fins ?

Last edited:

Ava

HSC
No, like I said in the first post, I did BA and didn't do any commerce related subjects :(

ZabZu

HSC
Im in a similar situation except i was always at UNSW.

When u look at the degree plan you do 12 units of gen eds and 2 electives. You can use up a maximum of 6 units for your gen ed and you can count the subjects u did last year as electives, even if they were outside the commerce faculty.

However, a maximum of 10 level one courses (anything starting with a 1) are counted in your degree but this excludes the subject allocated to gen ed.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Ava said:
No, like I said in the first post, I did BA and didn't do any commerce related subjects :(
That suxs =/
Also remember that since you strated comm in 2005
you can only do 6uoc of gen eds from the one faculty.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)