• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

credit (1 Viewer)

flip

HSC
N/A
i was just wondering.

if i was to transfer b.comm unsw to usyd, would i receive credit for

acct1501 - AFM 1A
acct1511 - AFM 1B
econ1101 - Micro
econ1102 - Macro
econ1202 - QMA
econ1203 - QMB
fins1612 - Finance
fins1613 - Business finance

i've emailed the student center and called up, they said apply for credit on enrollment....but the thing is i don't want to "waste" the courses i've already done so it'd be a massive help knowing what i was getting myself into.

thanks for any help!

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
You have to read up the unit descriptions, however its best to ask a course conveyor as they know which course you have done will count or not.

X

xeuyrawp

Also note that whilst you may not be able to have credit for a subject (because of credit transfer limits), you may not be able to do the subject again.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
And transfer credit points vary between Universities.

Macquarie allows only 1/2 of credits (total of course) to be from a second institution.
UTS allows 3/4.

flip

HSC
N/A
the thing is...everyone i email always says the same line, that i have to apply for transfer on enrollment and they'll consider it then.

so i was wondering if there were any people out there who have done the switch from unsw b.comm to usyd b.comm and can give me a general idea as to whether the core subjects would match up with each other, and the finance subjects if they knew.

and....are there credit transfer limits at usyd? i can't seem to find anything on it.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Work backwards, I've never seen anyone transfer from UNSW to Usyd, but a few have come from Usyd to UNSW commerce.

Basically, you get credit for the accounting and economics subjects done at USYD, but I dont think their statistics/econometrics subjects were given credit at UNSW(hence they had to do QMA/QMB). Try and figure out by working backwards - people who've done the opposite switch might be of further help

flip

HSC
N/A
ohh yeah i also assumed there would be very few people who would switch straight b.comm unsw -> usyd. i was just trying to keep thing simple.

i was actually thinking about people who did b.comm unsw first year, and then transferred to comm/law usyd in their second year. but thanks minai. if unsw doesn't give credit for econometrics then it would seem a bit strange if usyd gave it for qma/qmb.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)