Cricket Season 2007/2008 (1 Viewer)

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
blakegman said:
indian ? you cant be australian

one of the greatest batsmen of the modern era, im quite sure he could handle steyn
ponting has been the greatest batsman in world cricket for the last half a decade (average 59 before this esries) but with a weakness against spin bowling i dont think he can be classified as one of the greatest in the "modern era"

i want to see how the australian batting fair against steyn though, he's in lee-like form.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
well collapse as it begins, tendulkar just got pinned on the crease. 4/120 at the moment.

aust got absolutely bashed yest, none of the top order batsman got going and full credit to the indians with their swing bowling. for the second time, the indians have got themselves a contest and probably in a slightly favourable situation. i expect aust to be batting by the end of today, which gives them 2 full days to bat. so aust either gets something special, or india will manage to wreck the record for the second time.

game on baby.

Muz4PM

HSC
Well played India, they have really played very well so far in this teast. I was surprised they did not play Pathan earlier, I noticed from the one day series a few months ago in India that he could bat and bowl well, but I was not sure why he was not in the team.

I did not catch the end of play, but I heard Australia were two down. We will need the two out there now to fire if we are any hope of winning, we have time on our side, we just need some big partnerships.

Game on.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Well, no team has scored the 418 odd on any pitch in Australia that the Aussies were set. Only 3 teams have scored over 400 in the second innings. Pontings team will have to surpass Bradman's 'Invincibles' to take this test. So, its there for the record books.

Aussies are 2/60 odd, and pitch is deteriorating. Ponting/Clarke/Symonds and Gilchrist need to stand up if they want to break Steve Waughs record. Equally, India seem in the box seat for this.

Love it.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
we need both ponting and huss to get hundreds, and clarke to chip in for once!

the pitch is seaming and the indians are definitely swinging the ball, so if one falls, there will be a collapse.

symmo and gilly will also get runs for us. if aust plays solid cricket, we should win.

blue_chameleon

HSC
wuddie said:
we need both ponting and huss to get hundreds, and clarke to chip in for once!

the pitch is seaming and the indians are definitely swinging the ball, so if one falls, there will be a collapse.

symmo and gilly will also get runs for us. if aust plays solid cricket, we should win.
My money is on Clarke and Gilchrist to fall cheaply.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
blue_chameleon said:
My money is on Clarke and Gilchrist to fall cheaply.

shame jaques didnt stay in. hes the kind of batsmen that would give us a really good chance of chasing this total. very attacking.

once ponting and hussey are out were done for, i find it hard to belive that clarke,symonds or gilchrist can stay in long enough to get the runs without either of those 2 taking the pressure off.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
well, huss and punter are out, so has symmo, we are left with clarkey and gilly to get us home. equation is very simple, they both get hundreds and the tail can hang around, we win; they both get out for something rubbish, india will record a historical win.

in hindsight, i've commented how perth is aust's backyard and india has got no chance there, how ironic.

blue_chameleon

HSC
Seems I was wrong with the Clarke call.

However with aussies at 7/243, and only Clark and Tait to come, im afraid it might be game over guys.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
They're guaranteed to lose unless the heavens open up.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
well, there it is ladies and gentlemen, first lost for the aussies since the ashes. 16/17 is not too bad in my books, but everything has to come to an end, didn't it?

excellent win for the indians, full credit to them. they were able to put the controversy behind their backs and come up with a tremendous effort to win the match the aussies were desperate to win. that's huge.

disappointing effort from the aussie batsmen tho, on both innings. with the class of players we've got, we should have made more than 212 in the first inning, regardless of the wicket. i think we really need hayden back for the next test.

veridis

droog
HSC
A High Way Man said:
I went crazy when Ponting got out, jumping all over the place, my sister started crying. I hate that guy. I'd like to see him get tons against South Africa now they've got Steyn.

luv fridays, no uni and now sehwag.
...and you were the one complainning about pontings sportmanship?

this has been a cracker of a series so far, last two test esp have been brilliant contests, absolutely enthralling. i do wonder what roebucks reaction to this one will be though.
Australians win with some dodgy decisions but some good play, celebrate a tough win in the manner expressing the closeness and tension of the game = media storm and possible boycott of the tour
Indians win with some dodgy decisions but some good play, celebrate a tough win in the manner expressing the closeness and tension of the game = ???

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
veridis said:
...and you were the one complainning about pontings sportmanship?
What's your point?

veridis said:
this has been a cracker of a series so far, last two test esp have been brilliant contests, absolutely enthralling. i do wonder what roebucks reaction to this one will be though.
Australians win with some dodgy decisions but some good play, celebrate a tough win in the manner expressing the closeness and tension of the game = media storm and possible boycott of the tour
Indians win with some dodgy decisions but some good play, celebrate a tough win in the manner expressing the closeness and tension of the game = ???
Roebucks already writen about this.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
this is what we aussies call 'get over it'. huss and symmo both had dodgy calls in an inning which proved to be crucial. it was clear the umpire got the wrong decision and it went against the aussies. quite like the scenario in sydney where india was in those shoes.

but - here's the difference. the aussies didn't even mention about it - surprise!!! no one in the aussie team talked about it. it wasn't that they were oblivious, it is that we know whinging about it wouldn't make a difference to the end result, so we chose to 'get over it'.

if india isn't so hyprocritical about their demand to axe the umpires, they should also request that the two at perth to be dropped as well. just because the decison went their way, it didn't mean they were ok.

jeez indians are bad losers.

RHINO7

HSC
India's pissing about sportsmanship and playing in the spirit of the game, why then would you appeal more than a dozen times, when its obvious its not even close or when the batsmen smashes the cover of the ball and then hits his pad. But we didn't play as well in the 3rd test and india took advantage, THERE I ADMITTED IT!

Oh and also, we are going to smash the indian's at adelaide, although adelaide does favour the Indians. But with haydos and hogg we'll win!

Last edited:

williamc

HSC
What a mistake picking tait. Tait just reminds me of a 2nd grade bowler, quick but no consistency or accuracy (but i guess that is what makes him lethal..). Whilst the WACA would be the only ground i would play 4 quicks, hilfy would have been a better option imo. Hilfy is sharp, has accuracy, and has the ability to move the ball either in the air or off the pitch.

That wicket didn't look that easy to bat on at all, and it didnt really bounce that much. What about how the Indians were able to swing it alot more than the aussies. The ball was conventionally swinging in the 30th over wtf??

Adelaide. Both teams will repeat 03/04 and make 500+ each first innings, and there wil be a result..

williamc

HSC
RHINO7 said:
Oh and also, we are going to smash the indian's at adelaide, although adelaide does favour the Indians. But with haydos and hogg we'll win!
lol are you fucking serious. You are obivously a cricket pr0.

The GABBA pitch suited the indians more than sydney(similar to adelaide), and look they got smashed at the GABBA. but yer you are goign to then blame pre-game practice...

It is an Australian home ground, i doubt that it will suit the Indians MORE than the Australians. Pitches these days don't really play to their traditional ways anyway...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)