• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Cricket (1 Viewer)

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
Has anyone here played in the GPS cricket comp (well last season)?

Hoping to play 1st, 2nd, grade next year in Sydney? (or already do?) Well im hoping to play 1st/2nd grade next year for Uni, hopefully UNSW or USyd. We may lose a season of cricket because of 1. HSC 2. Parties 3.Schoolies 4. Applying for Uni 5. Parties

What is the deal here? And the season starts before uni starts and it takes heaps of preparation to get back into form to get into the higher grades. Looks like i''ll have to play lower for this upcoming season with everything going on. What r u doing?

HotShot

-_-
HSC
play for club at first and then move into uni -- uni first grade is really good so he have to be experienced to get in. GPS comp is shit school is nothing compared to higher grades!

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
School cricket isnt shit mate. The level of cricket may be lower but you are ultimately playing with ur mates, the guys u see everyday day at school and talk with them all the time. Its not the same atmosphere as Grade. The oversea competition was awesome, and u play against others the same age as urself and its heaps fun. It's not taken as seriously as Grade but it is a lot more enjoyable. I have played Grade a bit ,and the atmosphere is definitely not the same.

There's no more school cricket anymore, and i'll miss it, I had a great time and hopefully future cricket is half as good as it was was last season

Bookie

Banned
HSC
I'm coming upto my last season of GPS cricket. Xtreme XI though aka 4ths. Played 4ths last year and have no intentions of playing anywhere else (even though 2nds is an easy walk in at High this year). XTREME!

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
1st XI, 3 years mate. Played in a different comp though, but we played against GPS + other school teams during comps and friendlies. I live in Canberra so the competition is not as great as it is in Sydney. Even Grade is shit here, even though I havent played first grade yet cause of the wankers in my crick club. Because of school I didnt have much time to play lsat season in Gradem just filled in during the hols

What about u guys? Any firsties here from Shore/Newington/etc...?

Last edited:

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
velox said:
Ah ok you're in Canberra. We nailed shore.
Yeah so did we, i made some runs against Newington, carried the bat, but no one else made runs.

Who did u play for velox?

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Yuo wont make firsts (unless you're really good, and for now I wont take it you're up to standard) - with the likes of Greg Mail and Doug Bollinger playing, its pretty high standard. If you were really good in school cricket, as you seem to be, 3rds should be a reasonable target for now. Then build up. I know the last years' Kings and GPS captain Manjot Singh plays for Balmain, but I'm not sure if he's in firsts, someone fill me in.

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
Yeah i know cuz, but it would be heaps good though, u want to play firsties too but those guys are pros. U have to start from the bottom of course but then as u perform u'll move up. That's the way it is, just score runs and take wickets.

Canberra cricket is shithouse, randoms play in firsties and its pretty poor cricket.

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
kewell said:
Maybe it's French cricket they play in canberra,
Yeah french cricket, since it's Canberra...............................................................

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
Cause I will prob go to UNSW for Uni hopefully. Old men even play 1st grade here

HotShot

-_-
HSC
dude my friend is awesome keeper and averages 50+ for club and he made into 3rd grade! First grade is crazy unless you have some exp in lower grades.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)