Crime essay question (1 Viewer)

Shansss

HSC
[I'm not looking for help with the topic itself, just writing style tips]

If you get a question for an essay such as....

|||| "The adversary system is the fairest method of legal trial". Discuss this statement with reference to some features of this system." ||||

Should I be referring back to the statement itself in the essay, saying things like "and this proves that the statement is correct" and maybe at the end "In conclusion...blah.. the statement is true"...

OR should I just be evaluating the system itself, and disregarding any reference to the statement? For instance, writing in the conclusion "Various factors such as efficiency and time management aid the adversary system in applying principles of fairness" rather than actually presenting an opinion on the validity of the statement itself?

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Discuss means reasons for and against

so what you should be doing roughly is comparing the 2. A judgement is not really necessary

my rough structure would be
- Point 1: Adversarial system > inquiz sys because it allows the citizens to be involved
then arguments on either side so like
- the citizens dgaf about anything
- inquiz system is more efficient

blah blah

good luck :D

Shansss

HSC
Thanks mate, that helped quite a lot.

Anyone have some tips for structuring the intro? I've done my body & conclusion but I'm a bit unsure as to what sort of structural direction to take at the beginning.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
intro
- topic sentence
- complication sentence
- introduce key points
- imo I would probably define "discuss" as well

conclusion: my trick just rephrase the intro lel

asukkar

HSC
define what the adversary system is, and discuss it giving reasons for and against the system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)