crime fiction genre (1 Viewer)

Hwei

hey ppl, i have a assesment due next week and i'm having trouble cos i serz am having trouble with the crime fiction genre. Basically i'm looking for a summary of the factors that contribute to making a text apart of the crime fiction genre. I've been asked to explain how my chosen text related to the crime fiction genre. plz help!

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
are u doing classic crime fiction? that's farily simple: isolated setting, close cirlce of suspects, esoteric detective, red herrings, etc. Just basic stuff...don't you have any material on this??? if ur really having trouble try the NSW HSC Online website or try finding other sites

and whats ur chosen text? core text? basically the factors that make a text part of the crime fiction genre is that it follows the conventions and formula of the genre..so just identify the elements of the genre evident in ur chosen text.

Last edited:

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
this isnt much, only one sheet that i have, but its a good summary, hope it helps. this is for classical crime fiction.

characteristics of classic crime fiction:

closed wall environment set: (eg, boat, manor, island, train, village, etc.)
involving only upper or middle classes
amateur criminal: commits crime for personal reasons
determining the mechanic of a crime becomes the major part of the investigative process.
solving the puzzle is the central theme
intellectualised almost sterile approach
unusual and amateur detectives at time, Miss Marple, Poirot
Closed environment both physically and socially
Intellectual, social and moral dimensions are clearly defined
More inclined to finish with a restoration of social harmony and balance
Search for truth

If ur doing film noir, we just started that, so i cant really help u out there. classical is all weve done.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
so yeha you have to say how your texts use those conventions to make th story, to captervate the audience.

you may also have to talk about the values which are shown through the genre

LiKe A FiSh

HSC
N/A
There are several books available at dymocks and abbeys if u live i n Sydney that clearly outline all the conventions and historical development of the genre

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)