Critical Response Structure (1 Viewer)

Perhaps

HSC
N/A
Hey all!

I was just wondering, for those who are doing a critical response, how have you decided to structure it? Like an extended essay? Is it bordering on "report form"?

As we all need to research into the best way of presenting and structuring, I wanted to know what you felt was the easiest and most suitable. ;)

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Im essaying under headings.... like a thesis... BUT i think there are some really cool ways to experiment... like has anyone read 2001 Young writers showcase... Check-off... conversation with the writer! it was REALLY coloquial though.. which makes me think that if it were submitted by a standard kid they'd get a zero! :)! does anyone know when 2003 showcase comes out?

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
The one that Sparky is talking about was absolutely fantastic. It blew me away.

I'm using specific quotes as my headings. How effective that will be I'm not too sure yet. It looks good though :p

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
I'm doing my critical responce in the form of a feature article - like one of those ones you get in the saturday hearld.

Quick question to anyone that might know - with visuals - say i wanted to have them as teh background of my article to give it a certain feel that is allowed right? I'm trying to think cause i went to the ETA day and he said soemthing about pictures and marking but i dont remember exactly what.
If anyone knows what the go with pictures are could you fill me in.
Thanks

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
the way i wrote my critical response also borders on the line of becoming a feature article... but are we allowed to put inthe format of a feature article? i mean. what type of form are we allowed to present it in? like you said with the pictures... are we allowed to make it appear almost like some kind of article from a magazine/newspaper?

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
I've read the syllubus a couple of times and it jsut says that it has to be in size 12 font and doubel spaced ariel or times new roman. nothing really on the form or pictures or anything...
I think if i go to the EII day i might ask about it or get my teacher to ring the head english guy and ask him - when i get a responce i'll post it

aud

HSC
Originally posted by MissSavage29
I've read the syllubus a couple of times and it jsut says that it has to be in size 12 font and doubel spaced ariel or times new roman. nothing really on the form or pictures or anything...
I think if i go to the EII day i might ask about it or get my teacher to ring the head english guy and ask him - when i get a responce i'll post it
I think the marker guy at Ourimbah said that pics weren't a great idea if you were analysing them - but just to put them in your journal, but if it's just a background to give it flavour, I don't see why not... but then again, don't they mark on content and not presentation?

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
Originally posted by aud
I think the marker guy at Ourimbah said that pics weren't a great idea if you were analysing them - but just to put them in your journal, but if it's just a background to give it flavour, I don't see why not... but then again, don't they mark on content and not presentation?
Yeah the pictures are just to basically make it seem like a feature article - i dont plan to mention them at all in the article - i just figure that if its got the right presentation it will get the marker in the right mood and also help to establish the audience etc... i'm thinking it makes it fit in with the visual aspects of a feature article.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)